Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Back Up/Restore Questions

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Back Up/Restore Questions
    Hello, before i got my 3GS i made a backup of my 3G and used it to restore my 3GS so i would have all my old texts, calander, notes etc. I noticed that before i jailbroke that my carrier name was still changed and other minor things that i had done to my 3G only available via jailbreak were on my unjailbroken 3GS. I jailbroke with purplera1n when i came out and i noticed that some things were not right. For example it freezes alot, it always said i have the incorrect wifi password when i dont, and apps take along time to load. I have decided to restore my phone as a new one but i want to be able to put all my texts, contacts, call history, photos, and saved info from app store apps back onto it without restoring it as a back up. What i would like to know is if i can just copy the folders from each app via SSH onto my computer and simply copy them back to my freshly restored phone once i re jailbreak or is it more complicated than that? I have and will continue to search through the forums here but i wanted to make my own aswell.

Yes you can do that for the stock apps. Just follow this guide, it is the one I use whenever I jailbreak:
    How to have a blazing fast jailbroken phone
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah I saw that. I noticed the sticky thread at the top of the general iPhone chat section but the big boss repo is down so I can't download pkgbackup and appbackup doesn't seem to appear on my springboard even though it seems to install sucessfuly. I have managed to get chronus to work. Is there another way to get those 2 apps? I will pay for pkgbackup if I can get it.

Thanks.

EDIT: ok i got appbackup to work but whenever i select all to backup it freezes

also the big boss repo is up im buying pkgbackup right now
    Last edited by southfour; 2009-08-14 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost