Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOT iPhone!

Default HOT iPhone!
    I was charging my iPhone yesterday whilst I was using it. On cydia too and I felt the back and it was burning hot. Couldn't hold it for more than 10secs. This was whilst the iPhone was wearing a incase slider case.

Have I fried my phone????

Seems ok but batt seems to be dying a little faster. But that maybe just me

HELP
    Last edited by SL4VE; 2009-08-13 at 11:41 PM.

Thanks

They do get hot, but it has to get pretty hot to damage anything. Odds are you're fine...
    Respect your elders.

Quote Originally Posted by SL4VE View Post
    I was charging my iPhone yesterday whilst I was using it. On cydia too and I felt the back and it was burning hot. Couldn't hit it for more than 10secs. This was whilst the iPhone was wearing a incase slider case.

Have I fried my phone????

Seems ok but batt seems to be dying a little faster. But that maybe just me

HELP
    what do you mean you couldn't hit it for more than 10 seconds?

you couldn't use the phone for more than 10 seconds?

sometimes i feel my phone getting hot, next time i'd take it out of the case and use it. the case retains alot of heat, and its not good for the phone. I also have the incase slider, and when ever it gets hot, when i take it out of the case, it usally returns to normal after 2 minutes.

i doubt anything would happen to the phone itself, but i have a white 3gs, and i get really scared when i can feel it getting hot.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Which iphone was it? The reason i ask is because my iphone 3gs was doing the same thing well at least the getting very hot and battery problems. I took it back to apple store and they gave me a new one, the battery percent would jump around and die very fast. It would go from say 50% down to 20% warning then i hit sleep wake button, phone would go to sleep. 10 min later i would go to use phone and it would be at like 8% then die! When apple ran a diag they seen the phone doing it and he said "I've never seen that before" but I looked into before taking it back just in case it was a program or from a jailbreak program and it was not. There was some other people having the same exact problem with same results as me. I also unjailbroke it just to confirm and the phone still did it! The new one is perfect no problems at all! Battery is great and doesn't even get that warm from really heavy use!
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 2009-08-13 at 11:32 PM.
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

just did it last night, lets see how it goes after a few more days... to be honest i never looked at the batt % regularly but have done today and if im using the phone it was like 1% per min,,, but this evening after getting to about 40% its slowed down and its not on 23% after about 12 hrs os light use with about 3/4 20 mins calls.....

i think its ok im just being a big girl

Thanks

haha yea thats what happens if you love your iphone and can't live with out it! worry about everything thats seems different about it! good luck!
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

just logged into cydia gone down to 18% > 30mins with no other use

is this normal

Also what I've noticed is that whilst I'm charging and doing tasks like posting this my batt percentage. Is dropping. Eventhough it's on charge. But not on all tasks. I guess only the draining ones. Can someone check this out for me. Be aware it may not occur straight away.

Thanks
    Last edited by SL4VE; 2009-08-14 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Mine deff does not drain while charging. It deff goes up. I charged my phone from 4 percent and used it for straight 3 hours and it was fully charged when I stopped