Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH SMS Backup

Default SSH SMS Backup
    i copied the file something.db, did my restore, then put it back in my directery... and everything worked perfectly and i got all my txts back but now whenever i click to send a txt it just gets out of sms and back to the home screen....

and im fairly sure im not able to recieve txts either, has anyone had this problem before or have any suggestions?

set the filerights of both /Applications/MobileMessages.app/ and /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/ to 0755 (recursively)!

depending on what application you use to SSH onto your iphone it's a little different how you do that. in most apps you right-click the folder, select "info" or "preferences" and you can set the file-rights there, just make sure you check a checkbox that says "set rights recursivly" or something

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    set the filerights of both /Applications/MobileMessages.app/ and /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/ to 0755 (recursively)!

depending on what application you use to SSH onto your iphone it's a little different how you do that. in most apps you right-click the folder, select "info" or "preferences" and you can set the file-rights there, just make sure you check a checkbox that says "set rights recursivly" or something
    ok so i can set /private/var/mobile/Library/SMS/ to 0755, but there is no option for recursively, and its a file not a folder, so i imagine thats cool.

but.... when i go to the folder /Applications/MobileMessages.app/(which for me was /private/var/stash/Applications.pwn/MobileSMS.app), it was already set to 0755 but the box for recursively was unticked, so i ticked it then click ok and it looks like it did somtthing but when i go back into it the box is unticked again. its extrelmely fustrating. any ideas?

ps. i still cant send message!!
    Last edited by samvanzeeland; 2009-08-13 at 05:05 PM.