Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Normal Battery Life?

Default Normal Battery Life?
    Hey everyone, I took my iPhone off the dock this morning at 10:00 for work and it was fully charged. it is now exactly 1 o'clock and my battery life is at 57%... is this normal? I was using it as an iPod for a couple of hours but I haven't made any calls or txts, some people are saying it is 3.0 and I'm wondering if you are having the same problems.

Push is off, it is a JBed 2G running a theme (Could that be a problem?) and the brightness isn't that high

is there something I could use via cydia that lowers background processes or something? having an iPhone doesn't help me if it won't last me through the day.

I really feel you. my old 2G and my brand new 3GS are doing the same thing.
    I'm not sure if it's a 3.0 problem. My 2G started doing this since 3.0, but I know a lot of people that run 3.0 without problems. Also, I talked to the apple hotline today, and they said they don't have a lot of complaints about battery life since 3.0.

On the contrary I read a LOT of posts about battery life since 3.0, here and on the official apple forums from people who are experiencing exactly the same thing.

So I have no idea if it's a 3.0 problem. Since I can't return my iphone (bought it in the UK but living in germany) I have no other choice than waiting for 3.1 and hoping to god this gets fixed.
    If you have the choice to get your iphone returned: do it. go to a genius bar, tell them about it, they will measure your battery and give you a new iphone if your battery sucks. I would do it if I could, definetly. I shouldn't have to deal with these kind of things as a user who payed several hundred bucks.

Yeah I couldn't do that, I just got this the other day on eBay with no warranty =( but if it is a problem with the software and not the phone I'll wait it out.. I may downgrade tonight to 2.2.1 or something and see if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Efrdman2008 View Post
    Yeah I couldn't do that, I just got this the other day on eBay with no warranty =( but if it is a problem with the software and not the phone I'll wait it out.. I may downgrade tonight to 2.2.1 or something and see if that helps
    yeah, if you have a 2G or 3G you can do that, the 3GS can't have 2.2.1 on it. if you do downgrade, please let me know if it worked via PM, i'm really interested in this. I don't have my 2G with me right now, or else I would try it myself.

Like me, you're stuck waiting then. I really hope 3.1 will fix this, the phone is pretty much useless to me in it's current state.