Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3Gs help! Can't take pictures or video?

Default iPhone 3Gs help! Can't take pictures or video?
    To start, I searched for quite a bit and everything I found even partially related was for older versions.

I upgraded from a 2g on 3.0 software to a 3gs, and itunes restored the 2g settings on the 3gs after I upgraded to 3.0.1 on the 3gs.

At first if I tried to delete 1 or 2 photos from the library they would just come back. And the photos that I took, although they showed up in the tiny icon that goes to your photo album from your camera, when I went to the photo album it was the same 132 pictures. So I deleted all the pictures in 1 go, which worked, all 132 pictures are gone.

Afterwards though I tried to take a picture, and when I went to look at it, it was a black box that froze the app. When I restarted my album there were 2 black boxes in my album, which I deleted, and now I can't take video or pictures without the app freezing(touch screen unresponsive)

My phone is jailbroken with resn0w im using the latest version of OSX, does anyone know what I need to do to fix it?
    Last edited by mk.ultra; 2009-08-12 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sounds like a problem on your file system. if you know how to do it, ssh into your iphone and set the filerights of /private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM (I think it's called like that) to 0777. If that doesn't help I think your only option is to restore via itunes and re-jailbreak via redsnow

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

mk.ultra (2009-08-12)

I can SSH, if its the same as doing it on the 2g with open SSH from cydia and cyberduck?

I saw some things about Deleting a folder called 100APPLE, looking in this folder, its all the pictures I want to delete, there is also a folder called 999APPLE, Would deleting 100APPLE solve the problem?

Also how do I change the filerights?

EDIT: After deleting folders 999APPLE(screenshots from my old phone apparently) and 100APPLE(regular photos) I can now take photos and video and save them as normal.

Thanks for your help wolf
    Last edited by mk.ultra; 2009-08-12 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post
    I can SSH, if its the same as doing it on the 2g with open SSH from cydia and cyberduck?

I saw some things about Deleting a folder called 100APPLE, looking in this folder, its all the pictures I want to delete, there is also a folder called 999APPLE, Would deleting 100APPLE solve the problem?

Also how do I change the filerights?
    you can delete it if you don't mind losing the pictures on your phone, cause that what it will do. but I guess in the end, changin the filerights should be pretty much the same. if you use cybderduck then right-click the folder select info. then check all the "read" "write" and "execute" checkboxes plus the "recursive" checkbox, then apply. that's it.
    oh, and if that doesn't work you can still try to delete the folders after that. since the next option is a complete restore it can't hurt to try.
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-08-12 at 07:22 PM.