View Poll Results: Do you have battery issues under 3.0?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (2G)

    11 19.64%
  • Yes (3G)

    17 30.36%
  • Yes (3G S)

    16 28.57%
  • No (2G)

    1 1.79%
  • No (3G)

    9 16.07%
  • No (3G S)

    2 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Who has battery issues since 3.0?

  1. #1
    Default Who has battery issues since 3.0?
    Hi,
    I'm starting a little poll today. I had an iPhone 2G for about 2 years, it worked perfectly. Since 3.0, the battery life is really really bad (about 10-20 hours in standby). So I thought it might be a hardware issue and bought a 3GS. What happened? Same, goddamn thing:
    About 20hrs standby time, and believe me I tried everything. Restored, didn't restore from backup, completly new phone with nothing installed except ultrasn0w. No appstore apps, no mail account, no push, nothing. After 20hrs with no usage at all the phone is dead!
    I tried disabling 3g, push, fetch ... everything. I checked the running processes, nothing. cpu usage is normal.
    Also, I noticed that the phone charges pretty fast. from 0% to 100% in under an hour.
    And: The battery meter is really jumping around. Sometimes it just increases(!) by 20% or something, or it drops 10% in 5 minutes, then stays the same for another 20 minutes or something ... it's really weird.

    Anyways, the question I'm asking you is: Anyone else experiencing the same? Because returning my iphone would be really really complicated unfortunatly, so if I still have the hope that this is a software issue I won't return my iphone. Especially considering that my iphone could come back with 3.1 installed, which would make it unusable for me :-(

    thanks for answers and votes!
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-08-12 at 01:27 PM.

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me lach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    516
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 82 Times in 67 Posts

    I haven't had any battery issue's, if anything, it would have improved. From day one i have had to charge it each night, but its not a hassle once im used to it. Just chuck it on the iPhone dock

  3. #3
    [ modmyi community] yes I do[quote/]

    thing is whats apple doing to address the issue? nothing so far

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lach View Post
    I haven't had any battery issue's, if anything, it would have improved. From day one i have had to charge it each night, but its not a hassle once im used to it. Just chuck it on the iPhone dock
    "only" each night would be awesome ... . oh and there is a poll at the beginning of the thread

  5. #5

  6. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me lach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    516
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 82 Times in 67 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    "only" each night would be awesome ... . oh and there is a poll at the beginning of the thread
    haha yeah "Only", but i guess its the price you have to pay for an iPhone at the moment. It took a long time to come from a Nokia N81 which had a battery life that lasted days to an iPhone that dies so quick haha, but as i said before, im used to it now .

  7. #7
    I've had battery problem from the first day I bought it lol jkjk try upgrading 3.0.1

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptors For This Useful Post:

    eaglesteve (2009-08-13)

  9. #8
    change my 3g every night but sometimes its only lasting like 8h but im on mine heavy at work

  10. #9
    Why do people complain. Its exactly like the first 2.0. It was really slow and had worst battery life. After the updates were released, the battery became better. It just takes time before you perfect something. Just wait for the next release. It has been proven that the beta builds get better battery life on 3g-3gs. It takes time

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mast3rMatt View Post
    Why do people complain. Its exactly like the first 2.0. It was really slow and had worst battery life. After the updates were released, the battery became better. It just takes time before you perfect something. Just wait for the next release. It has been proven that the beta builds get better battery life on 3g-3gs. It takes time
    my phone was usable after 2.0. it isn't usable now. I complain. but seems like I will travel to london and get a replacement 3GS

  12. #11
    no problems here.

  13. #12
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Really?! Again? This is the SAME question that floats around every time a new firmware comes out.

    1.0.0
    1.0.1
    1.0.2
    1.1.0
    1.1.1
    1.1.2
    1.1.3
    1.1.4
    2.0.0
    2.0.1
    2.0.2
    2.1.0
    2.2.0
    2.2.1
    3.0.0
    3.0.1

    As you can see this question has been asked without any definite answer lots of times. Also with almost every major firmware update Apple includes "improved battery performance" which has also been known to be meaningless.

  14. #13
    i'm really the only person not having any battery problems with my 3gs? lol what the hell is wrong with your phones?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

  15. #14
    TURN off PUSH from any APP..like BEEJIVE..turn it fom the App of...IM+...etc...etc...turn that PUSh of...that is draining your Battery In your Face

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    TURN off PUSH from any APP..like BEEJIVE..turn it fom the App of...IM+...etc...etc...turn that PUSh of...that is draining your Battery In your Face
    as a matter of fact, push isn't really doing anything to my battery. I have several push applications and it makes very little difference for me. then again, my battery is f**** to begin with ...

  17. #16
    Post new to forum, battery on 3.0
    hey everyone, i am new to this forum. i love that it exists, its where i get my jailbreak info fix.

    this is what i have notice on my iphone. 3.0 update/restore on my non-jailbroken phone is fine. on a 3.0 firmware jailbroken is also fine. if i update or restore to 3.0.1 my battery just dies. it wont charge pass 50% and sometimes it thinks its charging but does not. anyone else has this problem?

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by joseedwin View Post
    hey everyone, i am new to this forum. i love that it exists, its where i get my jailbreak info fix.

    this is what i have notice on my iphone. 3.0 update/restore on my non-jailbroken phone is fine. on a 3.0 firmware jailbroken is also fine. if i update or restore to 3.0.1 my battery just dies. it wont charge pass 50% and sometimes it thinks its charging but does not. anyone else has this problem?
    have you tried to restore to 3.0.1 one more time? sounds like something was screwed up here. if it still doesn't work I would try to get a replacement phone (don't forget to restore to a non-jailbroken state before that!)

  19. #18
    Custom Title angiepangie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Golden State :)
    Posts
    3,844
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 222 Times in 211 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by joseedwin View Post
    hey everyone, i am new to this forum. i love that it exists, its where i get my jailbreak info fix.

    this is what i have notice on my iphone. 3.0 update/restore on my non-jailbroken phone is fine. on a 3.0 firmware jailbroken is also fine. if i update or restore to 3.0.1 my battery just dies. it wont charge pass 50% and sometimes it thinks its charging but does not. anyone else has this problem?
    Welcome to MMi
    Have you tried restoring and setting up as a new phone?
    Also turn off Push if you're hacktivated
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

  20. #19
    thanks Guys.. i have tried everything and only restore to 3.0 as a new phone looks like it works fine. i cant use 3.0.1

  21. #20
    Update 3.0.1 to a new phone and take it to an apple store. I wouldn't wait for to find out the problem still happens with 3.1 comes out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •