Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are QuickOffice or Docs To Go Files Stored?

Default Where are QuickOffice or Docs To Go Files Stored?
    Hi there, i am trying to find where these doc files are stored as i am trying to use Attachment saver to download doc files from email and then copy them into the above programs for editting whilst on the move.

Cheers for any help on this!

I copied it using iFile to the folder that QuickOffice stores local documents into.

You have to manually search for that folder the first time in iFile or use Netatalk and look for the folder that way on your computer via Finder just so you can reference it. I think that method is actually faster when trying to locate items in those folders with the long obscure names of numbers and letters.

The directory to look into for the QuickOffice folder is
    /var/mobile/Applications/LONG
    STRING*OF*NUMBERS*& LETTERS OF*WHATEVER*FOLDER*HAS*QUICKOFFICE/Documents

You'll have to look through all the folders and once you find it just go into iFile and then bookmark the location and save it.

I would also just bookmark the location of where the attachments get saved which is /var/mobile/Library/Attachments.

Now you can copy the file regularly just alike any other in iFile to the QuickOffice Document folder.

Open up QuickOffice and you should see your document when you click the icon that says On "whatever your iPhone's name is". There you will see the locally saved files.

I know that was a bit longwinded but once you set it up it's quite an easy process. This app was well worth the $2.

Good luck.

Additionally, the DocsToGo local files are stored in /var/mobile/Applications/LONG STRING OF NUMBERS & LETTERS OF FOLDER THAT HAS DOCSTOGO/Documents/Local Files

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to and1gator For This Useful Post:

Chr1s_888 (2009-08-13), PhoneLine (2009-10-03), The Digital Alchemist (2010-11-11)

Thanks and1gator,

That was exactly what i needed! It works great!! Cheers! :-)

No prob. My pleasure. I just wish there was a way to copy the files to the folder where Print N Share hosts its local files so we could then print them out. Ah well, we all are always trying to push the envelope LOL.

So is that Print N Share any good? Is it worth paying 3.99 for it? That'll be well good if you can print out files from QuickOffice etc. ;-)

Yeah Print N Share is cool. But I use it rarely. Because it requires another computer to be on. Plus you have to actually deal with files within the app in order to print anything. It'd be nice to avoid that.

I found the folder where the files go but for whatever reason Print N Share will not read the files unless they are actually imported by the app. No files I transfer to the folder via iFile come up.

In

var/mobile/Applications/56DD385D-46CE-4CCF-A6D5-04426E4B0A99/Documents

Quote Originally Posted by boricelamotte View Post
    In

var/mobile/Applications/56DD385D-46CE-4CCF-A6D5-04426E4B0A99/Documents
    Thats randomly generated and will be different for every phone/user.