Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G data problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3G data problem
    whenever i switch my iPhone 3G's data connection to 3G nothing loads. The loading bar just stays in the same spot then after a minute it says "load error: timed out" i've tried it in different places and even had full bars but still got the same error. It works fine on EDGE.. What should i do?

does your carrier support 3G? if so, have you tried to restore and re-jailbreak?

Thanks

I'm using the AT&T GoPhone prepaid service. 3G works on that doesn't it? It's a part of AT&T too.. and yes I've tried restoring

I have no idea since I don't live in the US, but since the AT&T network is capable of 3G I guess that should work. If a freshly restored iphone has this problem, I would expect a hardware error ... best solution would be to take it to the genius bar if you can do that (that means if your phone is bought in the US)

edit: I just thought of something. It could be that your 3G settings differ from the 3G settings you have with a normal ATT-iphone-plan. in that case you need to change those settings. can you access settings > general > network > cellular network on your iphone? I suppose it's not accessible for AT&T users but maybe we are lucky ...
    in any case, you need to go the AT&T homepage or call them or something and ask for the 3G settings you need to use (that means you need an APN, username and password)
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-08-13 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks

thats probably the problem.. i have the APN settings accessible since i have 2 carrier profiles installed but i have no idea what APN, user, and password to use for the GoPhone service.. know where i could find them?

btw, my EDGE data, phone, and texts work
    the only things that dont are 3G and MMS

Quote Originally Posted by JoelAlanDavis View Post
    thats probably the problem.. i have the APN settings accessible since i have 2 carrier profiles installed but i have no idea what APN, user, and password to use for the GoPhone service.. know where i could find them?

btw, my EDGE data, phone, and texts work
    the only things that dont are 3G and MMS
    I think it can be found if you visit
    help.benm.at
    from your iphone.

but i'm not sure if the AT&T stuff will cover your plan. you will have to ask the AT&T support for your settings or search their website.

Thanks

yea thats where i downloaded my APN settings but it doesnt say anything about gophone so im not sure if that was supposed to work. i would call AT&T but they have the worst support in the world no lie. all they do is tell me to get a contract and theyres nothing they can do. i know the answer! i need a better carrier

3g works on mine.I have the same setting as the edge but you have to have a 3g sim card.