Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions about switching from verizon to att ( phone number )

Default Questions about switching from verizon to att ( phone number )
    Im currently on a family plan on verizon, im going to go to the ATT store and get a black 16gb 3GS.

I want to keep my verizon line open, but i want my current verizon number to get changed to my new iphone.

Do i need to call verizon and have them change the number to something random and ask them to hold my old number for transfer or can i just get ATT's number porting department to transfer it and my verizon acct just gets assigned something different.

Thanks for your time.

No go to att get your number switched over and once it is switched go to verizon and get a number switch. Att has to have the line you want to port active to port the number over. I am att rep ... But once the port is over then get your number switched on your verizon line..

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    No go to att get your number switched over and once it is switched go to verizon and get a number switch. Att has to have the line you want to port active to port the number over. I am att rep ... But once the port is over then get your number switched on your verizon line..
    Dude thank you so much, do you know what happens if i dont get the number changed for verizon? Its cheaper for me the keep the phone for the rest of the contract than it is for me to early terminate.

I dont really plan on using the verizon phone lol.

Yeah you will need to switch the number on the verizon phone because you might receive call on the iphone but cant call out and you will have to call out with the verizon phone it confuses the system a little bit so it would be a good idea to switch and when does your contract end if its just a few month then i would just let it run out. But if you have like 6 months to a year left then i would just cancel it.

Thanks so much dude seriously. Ive got 8 months left but im pretty sure its gonna cost 175 to early terminate or 80 to let it run out.

Am i missing something?

If i use paypal plugin to generate a 1 time use credit card can i write down the info and use it in the store? I want to pay some with paypal and the rest in cash.
    Last edited by Survivalism; 2009-08-10 at 10:52 PM.

I dont think so you have to have the credit card present i believe but you might be able too. Why not try though lol??? the worst they can say is no.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You need to look at the costs and what you want. I was in the same boat and dumped verizon for the 3G.

A) Watch for the rate increases they throw on your bill thats a verizon surcharge (sometimes like $.05 a month). Your contract allows you to cancel the contract if they change anything on it. You will usually get into an argument and work your way into it becuase they will offer to not charge you it and all that ****. Stay strong and you can drop the contract. If not, see if oyu are going to save anything a month with ATT over verizon. If you are paying $100 to terminate 6 months early and you are saying $20 a month with ATT over verizon each month then its wroth it.

2) DO NOT CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT WITH VERIZON BEFORE ATT PULLS YOUR NUMBER. Tell them to disable your line but not close your number or its a pain to get it back.

3) Enjoy iPhone

Thanks a ton guys.