Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is EDGE really that slow?

Default Is EDGE really that slow?
    Well, tomorrow my 2G iPhone comes in the mail and I'm going to set it up with the EDGE data plan for iPhones. my question is this, I know EDGE is slow, but it's reasonable for things like checking email/facebook and general surfing the web right? especially because I have WiFI usually and it would only be used rarely.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sure. I use EDGE all the time (T-Mobile USA no choice ). Check email, stocks, weather, even a bit of surfing (mobile versions of web sites preferred).

It's acceptable. When sites have a lot of pictures EDGE is really bad. Skype is out of the question as well as MB+ downloads unless you have a lot of patience.

EDGE is just like old dialup to me. Don't expect miracles, but it will get you the travel, weather and email info you need on the go.

Thanks

seem like what your looking to do with your iphone fits your needs..yeah edge is ok for what you looking to do..i have a iphone 1st gen on t-mobile on edge and its ok..but my 3GS on 3G runs like wifi here in my area and i get things done faster but thats me i multi task like crazy..edge was not doing it for me anymore..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

I use EDGE (T-Mobile) on my 3G to stream internet radio, check email, simple browsing, check the weather, and so on.... its not the fastest, but it gets the job done.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish