Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to create .png files in windows

Default How to create .png files in windows
    Title says it all... any programs out there that you guys know about?

correction: iPhone .png files that is.

ordinary png files will do fine on the iphone. gimp is the best free program to create those. photoshop is probably the best expensive one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

elbeasto (2009-08-09)

Thanks

Paint.net can do it too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

elbeasto (2009-08-09)

oh cool I didnt think it would because of the whole header difference and color flipping... so how does it know if its the extra bit header or a standard .png? Oh... probably just a condition test on the header huh? If has extra bit then .. else...
    I got ya... well thats good to know but what about if I want to open the .png that are already on it? Im on a windows box but i have a couple different versions of linux on other machines... I tried finding someway to run a mac OS X on windows either virtually or with an emulator but I couldnt find anything. Any tips? I want to be able to create actual programs on it but again I cant open mac file types... quite frustrating really lol.

a little bump... still need help. Anyone know of a way I can run mac os x on windows either virtually or with an emulator? It looked like PearPC could do it but all the links I found for it were broken and I cant seem to find anything else.
    Last edited by elbeasto; 2009-08-10 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You'll have to either find someone that's already dumped the images so they can be opened or find a converter. Back in the day there was a program that converted the png files so we could open them. Unfortunately I don't remember what it was called.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Exclamation PNG fix
    Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    You'll have to either find someone that's already dumped the images so they can be opened or find a converter. Back in the day there was a program that converted the png files so we could open them. Unfortunately I don't remember what it was called.
    Here is the program I do not remember whoi told me about it or gave me the loaction but here it is. Hope this helps
    Edit
    This is for Windows
    Just put the pngs you want to convert in the png folder then run iphonefix and they will be copied to fixed folder
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJMA For This Useful Post:

elbeasto (2009-08-11), soulthoughts (2009-08-10)

awesome thanks man. Today was an awesome day lol I found a vmware taht will run mac os x on windows and now i have a .png convert. Hell ya!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hey elbeasto
    Why do you want to run mac os on your pc? I have very limited knowledge on macs.
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

well I want to make apps for iPhone and I do not own a mac however the sdk requires mac os x. I had actually spoke too soon too.. I downloaded the files for the mac os x but I cannot seem to get it to work on the vmware. I am not sure exactly what I am missing.