Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating a new seperate text conversation?

compir99
    Default Creating a new seperate text conversation?
    I just upgraded from my ENV2 to my iPhone. On my ENV2 individual text messages could be saved. I want to save a particular text conversation from one person but, when that same person texts me again, that conversation is flooded with the newer texts I don't want to keep. Is there anyway on the iPhone (thru an app or whatever) to create a new text conversation with the same person? I have unlocked my iPhone if that matters.

Thanks!

you can create a new conversation by ... well ... creating a new conversation.

if you have a conversation with "John Smith" and you write to John Smith by creating a new conversation (create new conversation button in the main screen of you messages app) you will have two conversation.

But you cannot redirect existing messages to new conversations or something like that. Why would you want to do that, maybe think about if that's really necessary.

compir99
    I don't see a create new conversation in the messages app. All I have is create a new text message. If i choose that, the message still goes in the same conversation thread. Is it possible to have more than one conversation thread from the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by compir99 View Post
    I don't see a create new conversation in the messages app. All I have is create a new text message. If i choose that, the message still goes in the same conversation thread. Is it possible to have more than one conversation thread from the same person?
    maybe that was changed, last I tried was when the first iphone was released. back then creating a new text message always created a new conversation. in that case I don't see any chance, sorry.

Delete the text you don't want. Go to Edit and check the ones you don't want. I like how its not individual. I know about all of us forgot what we texted before they texted us.
    If I helped thank me!