Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can some one tell me where i stand on warrenty

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default can some one tell me where i stand on warrenty
    last week i noticed a line of dead pixels across my screen.
    so after only having my new 3gs for a months or so i took back to o2 shop.they sent it of to apple for repair.
    a few days later o2 call me and tell me it will cost 130 to fix!!!! i was fumeing.what about warrenty? but they said its not coverd.
    can some one tell me where i stand and what s my best course of action.
    i do have phone insurance but thats not the point,im really peed of with apple.

It's not Apple it o2, I think they sub contract out service to a third party and the feedback from service to the o2 shop can be flakey. I know someone with a 10 month old 3g 16gb, he took it in because it was not detecting his sim (started all of a sudden), when he went to pick it up they said it had water damage and they wouldn't do anything. He stuck to his guns and argued it out, getting the manager, and in the end they caved and gave him a new replacement. Basically o2 will do anything to try and avoid replacing under Warranty, and they only way they could refuse dead pixels is if there are obvious dings on the cause to indicate impact damage - ie adverse shock to the iPhone - if you don't have any impact damage then the fault is with the manufacture of the LCD and it is covered by the Warranty - if o2 still refuse tell them you are taking it to Apple service - if they don't cave then either go to the Apple store or file the service request online - as it is an Apple product they will service / cover Warranty wherever you got if from.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

driffty (2009-08-07)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    thanks for that.
    when i 1st took it in the sales man was trying to get me to go directly to an apple store,it seemed then they didnt want anything to do with it.
    i should have listend.
    my phone is in great condition otherwise so ill try apple.
    thanks again

always goto apple, o2 are ****