Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help possibly restoring my Iphone

Default Need help possibly restoring my Iphone
    Hey Everyone,
    For some reason my Itunes went a bit whacky yesterday and started
    deleting apps from my phone..........of course ,with my Audio memos fieldnotes for the last 6 months. Ouch!
    The app was still on Itunes but my audio notes were deleted off the phone after reloading the app.
    I never offloaded them to my computer to back up so I was wondering if you can restore your phone(much like a PC) to a previous point before the deletion.
    Thanks, kenny S

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharrack View Post
    Hey Everyone,
    For some reason my Itunes went a bit whacky yesterday and started
    deleting apps from my phone..........of course ,with my Audio memos fieldnotes for the last 6 months. Ouch!
    The app was still on Itunes but my audio notes were deleted off the phone after reloading the app.
    I never offloaded them to my computer to back up so I was wondering if you can restore your phone(much like a PC) to a previous point before the deletion.
    Thanks, kenny S

When you go into iTunes and restore it, after it reinstalls the software it will ask you to setup your iPhone. If you are lucky, you may see a backup from your last sync there.

Is there any way to look for this without opening pandoras box by starting a reload?
    Itunes is strange in that way.......I've heard countless stories of people losing tons of songs etc when loading a new phone or syncing etc.
    thanks, kenny

Yes it does work but not for me.
    In all the confusion yesterday , my phone restored twice and only the most recent was saved.
    Knowing what I know now.......it would have worked great so I'll
    just chalk it up to a learning experience.
    Thanks. Kenny S<
    Last edited by sharrack; 2009-08-07 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost