Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to find contact file

Default how to find contact file
    Hey guys, where is the contacts file located at? I am in SSH looking around and cannot find it. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Check out this thread, it has some very useful information as well as file locations.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

elbeasto (2009-08-07)

thanks! turns out I might have to redo the JB and unlock I did though because I think there a problem doing what that thread suggests when going from 2 different version. ONE1 uses the word "reinstalling" which implies redoing whatever is already on there. I have an issue with it that it is not syncing with itunes for his music/movies/etc. I created a thread for it to see if anyone knows if there is a config file or anything that I can edit or if it is just the file structure itself. Worst case scenario I guess would be just redo the JB and unlock though. Live and learn I guess lol.
    Last edited by elbeasto; 2009-08-07 at 06:47 AM.

Thanks

I found that I learn so much more by my mistakes but it doesn't stop me from foraging ahead and trying things, it motivates me.

lol yea no doubt... honestly everything I learned about an iPhone I have learned today. I did unlocks on 4 3G today and my friends 2G. Today was a good day for me lol. I redid all of our JBs because they were the old version and we were actually using that unlock card. Not many people have heard about it but its a card we put in with our sim card to unlock the 3g. Well the downside to the card ( other than the 10$ it costs to buy it ) is that if it ever loses reception for a long period of time say... 30 min or so... it will get stuck in "no SIM" mode and you have to do a hard reset on it to fix it not to mention the reception is terrible. And also after doing the hard reset we would lose our information for edge network which isnt that big of a deal to retype in but its still 1 more thing we dont have to do anymore =D.

Which btw all that I learned was from this forum. You guys are amazing. I cant believe i hadnt found this site before. After reading ONE1s hardware posts i honestly think i could fix iphones now lol... ill test it on broken ones that i buy from the flea market before friends though lol.
    Last edited by elbeasto; 2009-08-07 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yup, I used to use a sim adapter also until ultrasn0w came out. It was the only thing we could do with the baseband of the 3G phones. Sure made life better for me too.
    Enjoy, glad you found our site.