Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MX Tube still showing on phone after it was removed?

Default MX Tube still showing on phone after it was removed?
    I used Mx Tube briefly on my original iphone and 3GS. once YourTube was released, i purchased it and have begun to use that application instead. upon installation of YT, i deleted MXT from cydia.
    i went into my directory via SSH and found a folder for MX Tube with apparently all the videos i downloaded in it. why is this still there? went back into cydia to double check i removed it and it says i did.
    i located this in /private/var/mobile/media. is it going to cause any problems if i simply delete it from there via SSH?

while it says 1kb here, when i open the folder there is 146mb in it.

i'm most concerned since MxTube runs in the background and i'd rather not have it eat up my battery life/memory.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think this is not the only application that leaves something behind after you uninstall them. I noted the same thing with a few other software too.

But I don't think it is going to eat up your battery life, as the application itself it already removed, leaving just the data behind.

well if mxtube ran in the background and there's still something on my phone, i want it gone. no sense in wasting 148mb of space on nothing.