Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts Issues

Question Contacts Issues
    Hi guys,

--I am having issues with my Contacts, syncing, and overlapping.

I am married, so that means 2 iphones. When we sync, our contacts get completely integrated. I tried to fix this by sycing her stuff the Windows contacts and my stuff to my google account... this really didn't work.

I tried to create "groups" but this just adds another group to the iPhone and still jumbles our contacts together.

So here's what I've got:

All Contacts>
    My wifes group>
    My group>

1. Are all of the contacts within the groups listed in the "All Contacts" group?
    2. How do I get rid of the 2 extra groups without losing any of MY contacts?
    3. How do I prevent our contacts from overlapping in the future and still back them up?

I personally think that iTunes does a piss-poor job with this. Or I'm just not using the function correctly. Give me every and all ways to accomplish my task.

thanx for the help guys

tim

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you could just not sync one of the phones contacts. thats what I do with my gf's phone.

alrighty... got any ideas how to fix the other problems?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I too have this problem. Bu I have my wife's group and now I have two work groups. I mean I have so many grous at this point I want to lose my mind. I paid a dollar for an app in the apple app store for grouping. That didn't work, all that does is let's you make and manage new groups not groups already on your iPhone. Just now I downloaded a group app off of cydia. Same thing just let's you manage new groups not the problemmatic groups already on my iPhone. I feel like apple really dropped the interface ball here. Someone help us please!!!!!!

What about creating a different user account on your computer for your wife (assuming you're on windows) and doing the syncing on each account seperately. I haven't tried it myself, but it might work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I also have two phones which sync to the same computer.

My set up, which were done without much thought, turned out to be quite good. Each phone has a different name, and my contact does'nt seem to go over to hers. To be fair, she does not have any contact record LOL. She says she prefer to practice her mind by remembering all her friend's telephone number. I'm not sure what the effect will be if she has set up some records.

Her music list never good mixed with mine. The application that I purchase could be duplicated to her phone, but only when I add that appliation to her application list.

So, it works out perfectly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We use one iTunes account so the apps
    can sync once. We have tired the two windows users. My problem is I can't get ride of these groups. I deleted every contact from the group one by one and still nothing. Now I just have an empty group