Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH Connection problems

Default SSH Connection problems
    I know this has been posted several times, but I just wanted to ask a quick question because I'm really stuck.

Firstly I have the SSH installed on my Jailbroken iPhone 3G, I have CCProxy installed and running on my laptop, I also have the CMD files required to create the SSH connection.

I started - 1_start_ssh_tunnel, then ran Winscp I then get [email protected] and it says that host has not answered for more than 15 seconds, Still Waiting.

How do I answer? lol nothing has appeared on my Iphone at all.

I also have BossPrefs installed and SSH is active.

Thanks in advance xD

Just click wait again and it will connect. It happend to me when I first SSHed it.
    If I helped thank me!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrDomRocks View Post
    I know this has been posted several times, but I just wanted to ask a quick question because I'm really stuck.

Firstly I have the SSH installed on my Jailbroken iPhone 3G, I have CCProxy installed and running on my laptop, I also have the CMD files required to create the SSH connection.

I started - 1_start_ssh_tunnel, then ran Winscp I then get [email protected] and it says that host has not answered for more than 15 seconds, Still Waiting.

How do I answer? lol nothing has appeared on my Iphone at all.

I also have BossPrefs installed and SSH is active.

Thanks in advance xD

All I use is WinSCP on the computer Vista 64 and openssh / togglessh on the phone. I then type my ip address in the Host name field. USER will be root PASSWORD is alpine login. If you get any problems just do what dvn821 said reconnect

Still nothing it checks for the Phone but still can't connect, out of interest is there any change in the root/password for a phone bought in the UK rather than the states?

Try a different usb or cable.
    If I helped thank me!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Try Diskaid that might work you will have to have it plugged in to the usb cable then. If you are doing SSH with wifi you do not need the cable
    you phone should be on the springboard also just to make sure. I know when the phone locks the wifi connection stops

Green Apple
    Thanks
    try rebooting your router. i was at my witts end. i had tried everything that i read from scouring the internet. finally i decided to poke around my router to see if i could see anything funny. ended up rebooting the router because i couldn't ping my iphone from the router utility. after the router rebooted it started working.

I get this problem alot. Like what slocko said, Turn off your Router then wait 5seconds then turn it on again, Or reboot the iPhone/iPod.

Thanks for the help still couldn't get SSH to work but Diskaid works fine, now just need to sort out a non free trial version of the software xD

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think it will work for 14 days then uninstall delete from registry and reinstall and you can get around it