Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 2g to 3Gs is it really worth it?

  1. #1
    Default 2g to 3Gs is it really worth it?
    Just renewed my contract me orange unlimited texts internet and 600 mins 19.50 a month with a free Nokia 5800 i thought this was good i currently use an iphone 2g on orange but thinking of moving to 3gs for 3g really and the new features on the phone.

    is it worth it?

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    too many threads like this already. search.

  3. #3
    yes you should...

    i just did 2 weekends ago...'

    very satisfied with the phone... but the batterys crap

    i charge it daily muy 2g lasts 2-3 days full charged now up to 5 since it has no atnt connections

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 116 Times in 113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    too many threads like this already. search.
    ^+1... but to answer your question. YES

  5. #5
    bought one now 16gb 3gs but carnt get my orange mms settings to work

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    i would say no, since the important new features is already included in the 3.0 upgrade firmware, and besides the only added features are a 3MP camera which is not much of a difference, 3G chip which can drain your battery and a digital compass which is basically useless if you dont use it or know how to use it. so save money and just upgrade it to 3.0 firmware and jailbreak it to install cycorder and your done

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    I have thought about the same thing and I wound up getting another 2G and I don't like all plastic backs on an iphone. remember 3G was created cuz the original iphone was too expensive.

  8. #8
    iPhoneaholic eatjello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Leesburg, Virginia
    Posts
    329
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 56 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    too many threads like this already. search.
    +2

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I have thought about the same thing and I wound up getting another 2G and I don't like all plastic backs on an iphone. remember 3G was created cuz the original iphone was too expensive.
    It's not like they went cheap on the 3g's, they just changed their billing service to be like almost everyone else, you buy the phone for cheap, then get charged a little more for the phone monthly. Sure the plastic is "cheaper", but I'm sure it helps with cell/wifi/gps reception.

    If you had a 3g, you wouldn't need to upgrade(although I still would). The 3gs is just so much faster, I love how I can finally open apps on the dime. The 3g was stupid, it took over 10 seconds to start the camera, it was a pain in the *** to make a phone call, and god forbid you had to add someones number to your phone, it's like a whole process, where as on the 3gs it's all the same menus, just loads 100% faster.

    I guess for some people the upgrade isn't worth it. But if your ever pissed about how slow your 2g is, YOU DONT HAVE TO LIVE THAT WAY. The 3gs is waiting for u

  10. #10
    Orange don't do 'Unlimited' internet.
    You will exceed their limit very quickly and then be charged a lot of money for it.
    What's the limit on your 'unlimited?
    I reset my stats on 20/7 and have used 535Mb since then and I haven't used it much.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  11. #11
    They told me its unlimited lol best had be!!!!

  12. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,364
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    It's not like they went cheap on the 3g's, they just changed their billing service to be like almost everyone else, you buy the phone for cheap, then get charged a little more for the phone monthly. Sure the plastic is "cheaper", but I'm sure it helps with cell/wifi/gps reception.

    If you had a 3g, you wouldn't need to upgrade(although I still would). The 3gs is just so much faster, I love how I can finally open apps on the dime. The 3g was stupid, it took over 10 seconds to start the camera, it was a pain in the *** to make a phone call, and god forbid you had to add someones number to your phone, it's like a whole process, where as on the 3gs it's all the same menus, just loads 100% faster.

    I guess for some people the upgrade isn't worth it. But if your ever pissed about how slow your 2g is, YOU DONT HAVE TO LIVE THAT WAY. The 3gs is waiting for u
    Lets get down to brass tax Winterboard etc will slow a 2G, 3G is only faster if your using ATT as a carrier but that could be said for all 3 models. 3GS Faster out the box of course but add 100 pics 200 songs etc etc then give me results in the real world.

  13. #13
    yeah its still faster than 2g which is what i wanted

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    3G is only faster if your using ATT as a carrier
    Not true at all in the world outside of the USA!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  15. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    slow on a 2G?...mine is blazing fast with more than 800 songs and 19 appstore apps and some from cydia including cycorder, winterboard, etc. my phone doesnt seem to slow down or freeze. and mine is only 8GB.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •