Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enabling disk mode on iPhone 2G + OS 3.0?

Question Enabling disk mode on iPhone 2G + OS 3.0?
    Hi all,

I just realized, I was trying to copy something on the iPhone HDD from My Computer, and it won't let me do it. When I drag the folder, a little red circle with bar comes up. I never realized it till now.

I have Windows Vista, iPhone 2G with OS 3.0, unlocked/jailbroken to work with T-Mobile.

I am guessing this has something to do with enabling disk mode on the iPhone so I can use it as an external HDD as well? I remember it worked back when I had OS 2.0 installed.

Does it still work with OS/Firmware 3.0? If so, can someone guide me through it?

I googled it, but the results say I have to buy some apps? I thought it just involved pressing some combination of buttons?

Thank you!
    Abe

the iPhone never had a disk mode, sorry, you can't use it as an external HDD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

sowatup (2009-08-03)

Maybe I am thinking iPod Touch I had a while back.

Has anyone tried any third party apps that are decent?

not sure about the iPod touch. I think he's not capable of that either, but it doesn't matter really.

you CAN install openSSH from cydia if your iPhone is jailbroken. that allows you to access your iPhones HDD with an SFTP program. it's not the fastest way, so you shouldn't use it for large files, but it's good enough for small files.