Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help please, iphone won't keep quite

Thanks
    Default Help please, iphone won't keep quite
    so my iphone makes noise all the time since my silent/loud switch on the side doesn't work. I have a 3G and it looks like the swtich goes too far back and so i have no silent feature, which really sucks in meetings and whatnot. anyone else have this problem? is there any solution or other way to completely silence the phone without turning it off. I'm trying myProfiles but its not that great, i mean key board still makes sounds, the sent txt swoosh is still there, even the lock unlock click only thing silened was incoming txts and calls Lame if you ask me. any help is much appreciated thanks in advance

Thanks

do you still have your warranty? you can get a new one if the switch is broken.

or, you can make "silent" ringtones.
    Google silent SMS tones, you can find how to do it, it's great.

hope that helps

Thanks
    nope not warranty. not purchased from att or apple. Like i said i found an app from rockyourphone that gives me a semi-silent profile but i would like all the sounds silenced which i can't seem to do with that app.

Go to settings - sounds. Just turn it off
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks
    so you mean turn off all the individual sounds every time i need my phone silenced? wow there's really no other viable solution? am I missing something? wish my button just worked, although profiles are great, I always had multiple profiles setup on my Nokia and loved it.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

SBSettings will allow you to shut your phone off.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    SBSettings will allow you to shut your phone off.
    Sorry but I'm pretty new to all this, what is SBSettings? an app? will it allow me to turn off ALL the sounds easily and quickly for church, work meetings ect?

No SBsettings only powers off your phone quickly.
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks
    oh okay, well maybe I'm just picky but I'd like to still see or feel if someone is either calling or messaging me just not hear it. i was hoping there's an app out there with which you can create custom profiles for work, home, driving, church ect but that give you full control of all sounds for each profile unlike MyProfiles. if anyone is aware of anything like that, I'd be grateful for your help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneraz View Post
    so my iphone makes noise all the time since my silent/loud switch on the side doesn't work. I have a 3G and it looks like the swtich goes too far back and so i have no silent feature, which really sucks in meetings and whatnot. anyone else have this problem? is there any solution or other way to completely silence the phone without turning it off. I'm trying myProfiles but its not that great, i mean key board still makes sounds, the sent txt swoosh is still there, even the lock unlock click only thing silened was incoming txts and calls Lame if you ask me. any help is much appreciated thanks in advance
    Your silent switch is not working but your volume rocker still works, right? If so, simply use the volume rocker to completely reduce the volume. This will basically not ring the phone when someone calls, but you could if desired still have it vibrating.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    this is pretty good, may have to do this until i find another solution, problem is it does not go all the way to 0 for some reason. it leaves one small bar so that things like the lock/unlock still make a quite click.

It leaves a small bar, that is why you need to go to setting - sounds to turn it fully off.
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yeah that switch is very necessary... sucky.

Thanks

Strange. Mine leave one bar, but it is completely silent. No sound at all when it rings.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    Strange. Mine leave one bar, but it is completely silent. No sound at all when it rings.

which iphone do you have? my 3G certainly does not go completely silent.

I have the 3G and it doesn't go all the way silent on the one bar.
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks

Sorry there is still a very faint sound that was masked by the background noise when I last tested it.

There is an application called ERProfile in Cydia that you might wish to try and see if it meets your requirement.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 2009-08-04 at 10:03 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

in cydia there is an app called auto-silent, which allows you to chose the times between which u want ur phone to be in silent mode. should be quite handy in your case

You could plug your earphones in to quiet it down, but of course having the cables trailing about would be a bit of a pain, but if you get a 3.5mm connector plug like this:-

2.5/2.5mm to 3.5/3.5mm Headphone Jack Connector on eBay (end time 04-Aug-09 17:36:13 BST)

You can plug that in and the iPhone will think you have headphones connected and therefore be silent - then when you want sound back just unplug the connector.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    You could plug your earphones in to quiet it down, but of course having the cables trailing about would be a bit of a pain, but if you get a 3.5mm connector plug like this:-

2.5/2.5mm to 3.5/3.5mm Headphone Jack Connector on eBay (end time 04-Aug-09 17:36:13 BST)

You can plug that in and the iPhone will think you have headphones connected and therefore be silent - then when you want sound back just unplug the connector.

LOL.

This is such a smart idea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast