Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile internet no longer working.....

Default Mobile internet no longer working.....
    I have been using a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3g since the break was released. Everything has been fine until a few days ago when my internet stopped working.

The phone is receiving a data signal as the ip address changes everytime I switch it on and off, however, the phone is not picking up the signal and says the phone is not connected to the internet when I try to use safari of Facebook etc.

I can view the data ip on sbsettings and I can see it changing when I switch it on and off.

I have recently installed openssh and transfered a few icons to my phone for ielegance pro but I'm sure this wouldn't cause any problems.

Any ideas? I hate not having mobile internet!

I'm currently on Vodafone UK.

Thanks

did you check your internet settings? (settings->general->network->cellular data network)

you can get those settings on the vodafone page. I guess you did restart the iphone (a real restart, not the reboot button in sbsettings!).

if you have another sim-card, try if internet works with that card. if nothing help, a restore, re-jailbreak and re-unlock should do the trick. if it doesn't, it's a hardware problem.

Yeah I have checked my settings and tried other variations but still no luck.

If I restore, it will upgrade to 3.0.1 via iTunes. Will I be able to re-jb and unlock with this update using ultrasn0w and redsn0w? Or are we still awaiting an updated version of the
    sn0ws?

Thanks for your help.

Redsn0w using 3.0 ipsw
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.