Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: not so random, but i would like help.

Default not so random, but i would like help.
    hey guys,
    okay so last night i jailbroke my phone and im running 3.0, which seems to be fine. Last night i was able to download everything fine, but i ran into a couple problems. For one, all the keyboard themes i downloaded into winterboard for some reason wont show up, ill find one i like a and check it off. Yet my keyboard doesnt change. why?!
    Two, last night for whatever reason my phone started acting up and it would go into safe mode, and no matter what i did it would stay in that mode. why? so this morning i had to restore my phone than jailbreak again..

The biggest problem im haveing now is that today i havnt been able to download anything at all from cydia. Everytime i try it comes up with "error" "host unreachble" things like that.

why cant i download anything now??? (if you can help me out with the other problems, itd be great)

-thanks greatly appreciated
    Digg

I don't know if keyboard customization is supported on 3.0, I don't use winterboard anymore. But if it is, make sure to drag it to the top checked. And safe mode means that you don't have enough RAM. backgrounding too many apps, etc. leads to this.

For your cydia problem, try restarting the phone, clearing your queue. i've had that problem before but only for a few packages, and the problem was resolved by itself after a few days.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

thanks for the help, but unfortunately i had already tried turning my phone on and off a milion times, and i also hit the restart sprindboard. still in safe mode.

So since im running cydia would it be bad to degrade maybe to a lower firmware like 2.1 or something? or should i just stay at 3.0?

You're baseband is already changed from 3.0 So I don't believe you can downgrade.