Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Bypassed Iphone Lock... accidentally...

Default I Bypassed Iphone Lock... accidentally...
    I was experiementing with the sbsettings... and noticed that if you enable "Allow from Lock" under More > Extras & Options... you are able to by pass your iPhone lock if you send a respring command...
    My question... is there an app from a PC that can send this respring command from a PC?
    I would find it very interesting to be able to respring a nonjailbroken iphone... Anyone hear of any apps or ways to do it? SSH is out obiously... you need openssh...

I am needing to test security on these phones for work... and to find any risks.
    I appreciate your time, help and advice on this!

Update: I notice you are able to get in without the pin... but the icons are still locked... is anyone one else having this happening to them as well?
    Last edited by GermanBrot; 2009-08-03 at 12:34 AM.

Hmm.. How can you have SBSettings on a NON-Jailbroken iPhone!?
    Anyway, to respring you either need mobileterminal, sbsettings, gPower and other 3rd party software.

I dont think there is an API for the developers to respring without having your iPhone jailbroken. The only way to respring on non-jailbroken iPhone is afaik by changing the language of the phone. That's it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jdys_1991 For This Useful Post:

GermanBrot (2009-08-03)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdys_1991 View Post
    Hmm.. How can you have SBSettings on a NON-Jailbroken iPhone!?
    LOLerz.

I know you cant... I just wanted to know if there is a way to respring without sbsettings... I was just explaining the steps on how I came across bypassing the lock for others to replicate if they wanted a shot. However... I would think a respring would be something fairly easy to accomplish which would make the passcode a very bad lock. I am just not sure how to do it. Thanks for the tip about the language reset... maybe there is a way to send that command from a pc... maybe even itunes can envoke it... lol. Thanks again though! I appreciate it.. gives me something to look into!

It takes me back to the "Enter Passcode" screen. Doesnt work for me.