Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: water damage is such bs

Default water damage is such bs
    theres should be like a indicator for what degree of water damage your phone gets ya know?

my whole phone was working fine, walking down the street i was walking under a sidewalk scaffold (if you live in nyc you know what these are they are all over the place) ... it wasnt raining ubt rained earlier in the day so im walking and bam i get hit directly on the phone with a few drops of water that were probably still sitting on top of that scaffold and almost immediately the bottom row of my screen wasnt working when i touched it (phone safari email and ipod) ... i know what happened with the water and i tried to grin and bear it but i realized that bottom if the most important part of your phone (every other part of the screen worked just fine) now next ... try to get an apple appointment omg what a joke theres about 5 stores i could have went to within the area i didnt care if i had to drive far bc i need the phone for work and if i couldnt answer calls i was screwed .... can you get an appointment that day? this happened friday afternoon around 1:30 ... no ... what about saturday .. no ... sunday .. no next appointment at all apple stores was monday afternoon ... pissed off i called one and asked if i could sneak in .. at first the girl was like not tonight and i went into listen i need my phone for work this is bull i cant wait till monday to come in so she got me in ... i get there everyones nice to me and im scoping out the geniuses and i found my target a kid who had to be like 19 years old i was praying to get him lol but of course i get the genius nazi who looks on top for water no indicator but on the bottom there was that was teh first thing he did he didnt even like try to play and say ahh ok heres a new one ... so then if im paying 200 for a whole new one i said listen i dont want a white one give me a black 16gb(white shows too many scratches) he goes no you have to get the same one i was like buddy if im paying 200 for this phone i think i should be able to get what i want .. whatever moral of the story was im impatient i coulda probably got it fixed with a screen replacement right?

but the thing is both water indicators should be on in order for it to void warranty bc that means the phone was submerged in water and thats a logical reason to not give someone a phone but if one is red they should accept it ... freak accidents do happen and i wasnt even submerged in water i got hit with a drop of rain

i checked out my phone and i couldnt see the indicator myself so i thought i was scott free but i guess i was wrong

Trust me, you arent the first one to have this freak accident. A friend of mine was walking around and I guess a drip from an A/C unit dropped down straight into his earbud opening and wrecked his phone. Also, you just had very bad luck with the Genius Bar guy. So I assume you got the white iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Trust me, you arent the first one to have this freak accident. A friend of mine was walking around and I guess a drip from an A/C unit dropped down straight into his earbud opening and wrecked his phone. Also, you just had very bad luck with the Genius Bar guy. So I assume you got the white iPhone?
    yeah ... i def got the genius that took no **** ... i wish i got the pimply faced 18 year old

i still find it obnoxious that it woulda took me 3 days to get an appointment ... yo used to be able to get one within an hour or 2 .... 5 stores ... 3 days

whats going on are people stupid or are apple products slacking?

Lol I'm looking to get a white iPhone and I have a black 16GB 3G