Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! incoming text message crashes iphone

Unhappy HELP!! incoming text message crashes iphone
    Suddenly when ever I get an incoming text message, my iphone goes to the sad iphone screen, then goes to safe mode. This is strange, it worked just fine this morning.

Some thoughts:

1. I synced my phone this afternoon, and it seemed to start happening that.

2. About a week ago, i was experimenting with iquicksms, irealquicksms, and quickreply with no success so they are all un installed. But it worked fine since everything was removed.

3. Also a couple of weeks ago, I added lockinfo. I'm not sure if this is related either but it seemed worth mentioning.

It's a jailbroken 3g with 3.0.

I'm sure it's a corrupted file somewhere, but does anyone know what or where, or how to fix it!!

Your help is VERY appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

My suggestion would be to restore to a fresh 3.0 and J/B over, set up as a new phone. See if that cures the problem, I'm betting it will.

I'm sure that would probably do the trick too, but there's got to be a better way without having to restore???

Thanks

Not that I'm aware of, how would you know what file is corrupted.

just a guess really, but a corrupted file can be repaired/overwritten easily by ssh'ing into the filesystem. i'm just not sure which files manage the text messaging.

Thanks

^ditto

Quote Originally Posted by hoopdaddy6 View Post
    Suddenly when ever I get an incoming text message, my iphone goes to the sad iphone screen, then goes to safe mode. This is strange, it worked just fine this morning.

Some thoughts:

1. I synced my phone this afternoon, and it seemed to start happening that.

2. About a week ago, i was experimenting with iquicksms, irealquicksms, and quickreply with no success so they are all un installed. But it worked fine since everything was removed.

3. Also a couple of weeks ago, I added lockinfo. I'm not sure if this is related either but it seemed worth mentioning.

It's a jailbroken 3g with 3.0.

I'm sure it's a corrupted file somewhere, but does anyone know what or where, or how to fix it!!

Your help is VERY appreciated.

Update: it doesn't crash the phone if the sms app is running. I think it's a problem with the "new message pop up"

did you figure out what happened?

I am having that problem now. It only happens with one friend who texts me.

I tried a few things
    - uninstalled quickreply & intelliscreen
    - asked all friends with different phones to text me. I thought it might have been a certain phone

This happened just yesterday after I did a few updates through cydia. I would prefer not to restore and set up as a new phone if possible.