Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New app on appstore: PushMail

Default New app on appstore: PushMail
    Read the description, this might be our answer to push email for everyone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to seh6183 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2009-08-02)

Thanks

appstore link?
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

Thanks

Jeez... u can't open the appstore and search for PushMail?

Thanks

All your email going through their servers?

No thanks.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

this is essentially the same as setting up prowl to push email from your PC. it just cuts out the prowl and growl.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

And not new on this site.... an entire forum subsection dedicated to apps: Apple AppStore App Discussion

while this is a cool idea, I really don't like the thought of all my mails going through their server.
    it's enough google is searching through my mails and IM+ is searching through my IM messages

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    while this is a cool idea, I really don't like the thought of all my mails going through their server.
    it's enough google is searching through my mails and IM+ is searching through my IM messages
    their not able to read them

Thanks

Yo, if your email is being pushed through their servers i'm pretty sure they could read your email somehow.

They just don't read them. If they did read them then noone would use the service.

As said above, all my mail goes through google and that is enough as it is, i wouldn't want a third party server getting my mail aswell. It is MY mail afterall.

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Yo, if your email is being pushed through their servers i'm pretty sure they could read your email somehow.

They just don't read them. If they did read them then noone would use the service.

As said above, all my mail goes through google and that is enough as it is, i wouldn't want a third party server getting my mail aswell. It is MY mail afterall.

Yea because anyone gives a crap what is going in and out of your mailbox. GET SERIOUS PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Yea because anyone gives a crap what is going in and out of your mailbox. GET SERIOUS PEOPLE
    lol, I knew I couldn't have been the only one thinking that

Thanks

Seriously?

I get username + passwords for allot of places, i have got paypal + ebay statements, i get bank statements, i get customer e-mails. If i really sat here and thought about it this list could be pretty endless.

It may work for you, but personally my email is private and there is no way i would want to share it with anyone, even if it meant i was getting 'push notifications' on my iPhone.

For me, no thanks.

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I don't like keeping my computer on ALL the time to run growl so this is a great alternative... thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Seriously?

I get username + passwords for allot of places, i have got paypal + ebay statements, i get bank statements, i get customer e-mails. If i really sat here and thought about it this list could be pretty endless.

It may work for you, but personally my email is private and there is no way i would want to share it with anyone, even if it meant i was getting 'push notifications' on my iPhone.

For me, no thanks.

Im so sorry, I really was going to let this go. I just can't help but think what a stressful life you must live. I mean, think about all the MANY places "your mail" goes before it actually hits your inbox. Isp? Government? I mean are you worried that the execs at google are browsing through your mail as well? If you are this up tight about your Electronic Mail, maybe you should switch to the good ole' fashioned US Mail just to be sure that no one will see you personal information. Just my 2 cents.

Im so sorry, I really was going to let this go. I just can't help but think what a stressful life you must live. I mean, think about all the MANY places "your mail" goes before it actually hits your inbox. Isp? Government? I mean are you worried that the execs at google are browsing through your mail as well? If you are this up tight about your Electronic Mail, maybe you should switch to the good ole' fashioned US Mail just to be sure that no one will see you personal information. Just my 2 cents.
    well, besides that fact that google DOES look through your mail (they said it themselves, though of course they don't do it PERSONALLY, a robot does it) you have no idea what a third party like PushMail does with your mail. technically they can read it, no problem. since I don't know them I see no reason to trust them. That's all.

E-Mails are interesting to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. passwords, personal data, adresses, mail adresses of friends for spam mail ... there are lot of ways to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    well, besides that fact that google DOES look through your mail (they said it themselves, though of course they don't do it PERSONALLY, a robot does it) you have no idea what a third party like PushMail does with your mail. technically they can read it, no problem. since I don't know them I see no reason to trust them. That's all.

E-Mails are interesting to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. passwords, personal data, adresses, mail adresses of friends for spam mail ... there are lot of ways to make money.

So what are we saying here? That we should trust no one? That I should disable the stock mail app on my phone just in case it might be running through apples servers? When G Push is released are you guys going to avoid that as well? I guess this one is hard for me to grasp.

Thanks

Lol, dude, you really should just let it go. All i said is that this idea is not for me.

I value the privacy of my email more than you, obviously.

I do not have a clue who 'Simon Patarin' is, and this is his one and only app with 1 review. I have no reason to trust this little guy/app or not, rightly or wrongly, whether you like that or not.

As you can tell by my location (top right of this post) i am from England, which is in Great Britain:

Google Maps

NOT America. I don't think the US mail service stretches that far unfortunately but thanks.

If you don't take more care with who and what reads your email then the jokes on you.

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

what was that app where u put in ur bank details and stuff, that turned out to be a scam........i sure i read it somewhere. it was meant to give you quick access to online banking and lots of other services.