Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: New app on appstore: PushMail

  1. #1
    Default New app on appstore: PushMail
    Read the description, this might be our answer to push email for everyone.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to seh6183 For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon79 (2009-08-02)

  3. #2
    iPhoneaholic danvicente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    364
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    appstore link?
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

  4. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life Simtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    2,387
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 304 Times in 276 Posts

    Jeez... u can't open the appstore and search for PushMail?

  5. #4

  6. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    All your email going through their servers?

    No thanks.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  7. #6
    this is essentially the same as setting up prowl to push email from your PC. it just cuts out the prowl and growl.

  8. #7
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    And not new on this site.... an entire forum subsection dedicated to apps: Apple AppStore App Discussion

  9. #8
    while this is a cool idea, I really don't like the thought of all my mails going through their server.
    it's enough google is searching through my mails and IM+ is searching through my IM messages

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    while this is a cool idea, I really don't like the thought of all my mails going through their server.
    it's enough google is searching through my mails and IM+ is searching through my IM messages
    their not able to read them

  11. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    Yo, if your email is being pushed through their servers i'm pretty sure they could read your email somehow.

    They just don't read them. If they did read them then noone would use the service.

    As said above, all my mail goes through google and that is enough as it is, i wouldn't want a third party server getting my mail aswell. It is MY mail afterall.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Yo, if your email is being pushed through their servers i'm pretty sure they could read your email somehow.

    They just don't read them. If they did read them then noone would use the service.

    As said above, all my mail goes through google and that is enough as it is, i wouldn't want a third party server getting my mail aswell. It is MY mail afterall.




    Yea because anyone gives a crap what is going in and out of your mailbox. GET SERIOUS PEOPLE

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Yea because anyone gives a crap what is going in and out of your mailbox. GET SERIOUS PEOPLE
    lol, I knew I couldn't have been the only one thinking that

  14. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    Seriously?

    I get username + passwords for allot of places, i have got paypal + ebay statements, i get bank statements, i get customer e-mails. If i really sat here and thought about it this list could be pretty endless.

    It may work for you, but personally my email is private and there is no way i would want to share it with anyone, even if it meant i was getting 'push notifications' on my iPhone.

    For me, no thanks.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  15. #14
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    I don't like keeping my computer on ALL the time to run growl so this is a great alternative... thanks for the heads up!

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Seriously?

    I get username + passwords for allot of places, i have got paypal + ebay statements, i get bank statements, i get customer e-mails. If i really sat here and thought about it this list could be pretty endless.

    It may work for you, but personally my email is private and there is no way i would want to share it with anyone, even if it meant i was getting 'push notifications' on my iPhone.

    For me, no thanks.




    Im so sorry, I really was going to let this go. I just can't help but think what a stressful life you must live. I mean, think about all the MANY places "your mail" goes before it actually hits your inbox. Isp? Government? I mean are you worried that the execs at google are browsing through your mail as well? If you are this up tight about your Electronic Mail, maybe you should switch to the good ole' fashioned US Mail just to be sure that no one will see you personal information. Just my 2 cents.

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Im so sorry, I really was going to let this go. I just can't help but think what a stressful life you must live. I mean, think about all the MANY places "your mail" goes before it actually hits your inbox. Isp? Government? I mean are you worried that the execs at google are browsing through your mail as well? If you are this up tight about your Electronic Mail, maybe you should switch to the good ole' fashioned US Mail just to be sure that no one will see you personal information. Just my 2 cents.
    well, besides that fact that google DOES look through your mail (they said it themselves, though of course they don't do it PERSONALLY, a robot does it) you have no idea what a third party like PushMail does with your mail. technically they can read it, no problem. since I don't know them I see no reason to trust them. That's all.

    E-Mails are interesting to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. passwords, personal data, adresses, mail adresses of friends for spam mail ... there are lot of ways to make money.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    well, besides that fact that google DOES look through your mail (they said it themselves, though of course they don't do it PERSONALLY, a robot does it) you have no idea what a third party like PushMail does with your mail. technically they can read it, no problem. since I don't know them I see no reason to trust them. That's all.

    E-Mails are interesting to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. passwords, personal data, adresses, mail adresses of friends for spam mail ... there are lot of ways to make money.




    So what are we saying here? That we should trust no one? That I should disable the stock mail app on my phone just in case it might be running through apples servers? When G Push is released are you guys going to avoid that as well? I guess this one is hard for me to grasp.

  19. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,562
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 164 Times in 135 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Im so sorry, I really was going to let this go. I just can't help but think what a stressful life you must live. I mean, think about all the MANY places "your mail" goes before it actually hits your inbox. Isp? Government? I mean are you worried that the execs at google are browsing through your mail as well? If you are this up tight about your Electronic Mail, maybe you should switch to the good ole' fashioned US Mail just to be sure that no one will see you personal information. Just my 2 cents.
    Lol, dude, you really should just let it go. All i said is that this idea is not for me.

    I value the privacy of my email more than you, obviously.

    I do not have a clue who 'Simon Patarin' is, and this is his one and only app with 1 review. I have no reason to trust this little guy/app or not, rightly or wrongly, whether you like that or not.

    As you can tell by my location (top right of this post) i am from England, which is in Great Britain:

    Google Maps

    NOT America. I don't think the US mail service stretches that far unfortunately but thanks.

    If you don't take more care with who and what reads your email then the jokes on you.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  20. #19
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts

    what was that app where u put in ur bank details and stuff, that turned out to be a scam........i sure i read it somewhere. it was meant to give you quick access to online banking and lots of other services.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •