Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free iPhone attwifi for your laptop

Default Free iPhone attwifi for your laptop
    Ok so I'm not sure if this should be a tutorial or if everyone already knows about this, but I found a way to use AT&T's free iPhone wifi on a laptop.

Since AT&T found a way to stop people from using the free iPhone wifi on their laptops by using the firefox user agent switcher method, I've been trying to find a new way to do it... Well this is what I came up with.

Things needed.
    A jailbroken iPhone(well duh..) on AT&T.
    PDA Net installed on both laptop and iPhone.
    A way to turn off EDGE (SBSettings)
    Firmware 3.0 (the only firmware I have tried this on)

0. Connect iPhone to laptop (USB)
    1. Turn off EDGE
    2. Turn on WiFi
    3. Connect to attwifi through iPhone, open a website in Safari to make sure your connected
    4. On computer connect PDA Net (Through USB)
    5. Your online.

I have only tried this on a first gen 2G iPhone, so I have no idea if this will work on a 3G.

AT&T Doesn't have wifi do they? If you turn off EDGE/3G then you are only connecting through a hot-spot... why not just connect with the build in wifi of the laptop? Or am I missing something?

AT&T does have free wifi at places like Starbucks or McDonalds, but its only free for the iPhone. The network detects that its an iPhone and connects. Otherwise if you try to connect any other device(laptop), it redirects you to the AT&T website so you can log in if you have an account or pay to use it for a day.

Shows how often I go to Starbucks! But iPhones already have internet, why wifi?

EDGE is slow. WiFi is fast.