Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone internet fook'd but tether works...

Default iphone internet fook'd but tether works...
    I am running 3.0 jailbroken and all of sudden, with no software additions, the internet will be unavailable on the iphone via safari. This affects all apps that connect to the internet for updates/information. Sometimes a reboot of the iphone will fix the problem, not always though. Strange thing is that I can tether the iphone and I get internet from laptop. I get an message that says Safari can't access webpage because it didn't respond. What do you guys think, have I left anything out? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

I've just had the same problem.

I am running 3.0 and recently learned how to SSH. Since then I have had no web access via my carrier (voda UK) I have swithced SSH off and still no luck. The only think I put on my phone from Winscp was a few Icons for ielegance PRO.

Any ideas??

thanks for the reply, I have been using SSH to backup my settings since I owned the phone. In my case this started happening all of a sudden. I was using "jailbroken" 3.0 for some time with out issue then one day the black internet cloud has been hovering over my phone. I am going to use SSH to back up my data and start over with fresh 3.0 and go from there. I will report progress.

thanks fellas for the help.

Keep me updated mate.

The thing is, my phone is still picking up a data ip address everytime I switch the internet on, I can see the address on sbsettings. It also changes everytime, so it must be receiving the internet my phone is just not picking it up as connected.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

This same thing just started happening to me recently. Every once in a little bit my connection will work, but only briefly. Nothing has changed, I didn't install anything new but it will work one day and the next I have an ip but no response.

Quote Originally Posted by cruciface View Post
    thanks for the reply, I have been using SSH to backup my settings since I owned the phone. In my case this started happening all of a sudden. I was using "jailbroken" 3.0 for some time with out issue then one day the black internet cloud has been hovering over my phone. I am going to use SSH to back up my data and start over with fresh 3.0 and go from there. I will report progress.

thanks fellas for the help.
    any update mate?

any help for us guys in the us? I had someone reply to an earlier thread but he was from the uk. anyone have any idea what the cause is. I went to best buy where I bought the phone and even AT&T had no answer.

Internet just quit working for me too, I didn't install any new apps. Was working fine and now just quit.
    I tried reset network settings, and took the sim out and turned the phone off and on and still nothing.