Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help SSHing Icons to Iphone

Default Need help SSHing Icons to Iphone
    Hey guys, I've recently gotten into SSHing stuff onto my iPhone, by no means am I any good at it though.

The problems I'm having are mainly with changing of icons. I'm trying to SSH the icon package from iElegance's website onto my phone. The icon package has ALL of the icons I want and need to do what I'm trying to do. I threw the Icon folder into my Themes folder (I'm on a mac so I'm using cyberduck if that matters at all). When I go back into my iPhone and into winterboard, the folder is there but when I turn it on none of the icons change. The icons I need are in that Icon folder, and I have the apps on my phone.

I thought that maybe if I went into the Applications tab, clicked on the application and then switched out the .png folder itd work...but the applications arent in that folder. I've been doing into "/" and then into Applications and Themes. I put the folder into the Themes and that didnt work.

I apologize if I don't use the correct lingo, I'm not very computer or iPhone savvy =/. Thank you!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

themes should go into /Library/Themes

and your icons.png should be in Name of Theme/Icons/App Name.png

how do I get the applications to show? Theyre on my phone but arnt in the directory for me to switch the png

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

assuming you're talking about 3rd party applications downloaded from the app store, they're located in /var/mobile/Applications. the folders are not listed by name. instead, they're of this long string of numbers and letters. you have you expand them one by one to see which app it is. the icon.png should be located inside the folder with the actual app name

Yeah, the 3rd party applications. So, could I just go into /var/mobile/Applications and change their icon.pngs one by one?