Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes not syncing Jailbroken Iphone

Default Itunes not syncing Jailbroken Iphone
    I have a 3GS jailbroken and unlocked iphone and use it with another carrier that's not AT&T. It has been syncing fine with Itunes untill this morning.

When I hook up my iphone to the computer to sync with Itunes I'm getting the following message:

"The sim card inserted in this iphone does not appera to be supported. Only compatible sim cards form a supported carrier may be used to activate Iphone. Please insert the sim card that came with your Iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement sim card"

I'm using Itunes 8.2.1.6 and I'm not sure if the problem began after updating to Itunes 8.2.1.6, but I don't think so.

Help greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by allanes5; 2009-07-28 at 06:07 PM.

Sounds like your phone needs to be hactivated again.
    Strange.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Strange.
    What does hactivated mean? Is it to run the jailbreak and unlock process again?

Will I lose all my contacts, cydia and apple store apps I've downloaded?

Hactivation is what happens when you run RedSn0w with an unofficial SIM to bypass the activation.
    You should always make sure you synch your contacts through iTunes, that way you will never lose them.
    You won't lose your app store apps but will lose your cydia apps and you'll have to re-install them.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (2009-07-29)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Strange.
    I was messing with the phone yesterday trying to increase battery life and a Video on You Tube suggested to turn SSH settings off amoung other things.

I have SB settings and video suggested to download BossPrefs but BossPrefs said it was soon to be out because SB settings is alot better so I deleted Boss Prefs.

I've been trying to turn SSH on through SB Settings but even though I turn it on and move it to top row, it does not appear. Can SSH be causing the problem that my iphone is not being recoginezd by itunes anymore? Could I have deleted a file that I can get back from Cydia and avoid rehactivating? Or perhaps something else I could have messed with?
    Last edited by allanes5; 2009-07-28 at 08:10 PM.