Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [LIST] Language Packages to Delete on 3.0 :: Increased Performance

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I would agree with you if the languages weren't available in the options menu; which, doesn't need a respring to implement the change. I do admit that I know little about programming. But, I have been successful in implementing this mod (both on 2.2.1 and 3.0.1) and (according to sbsettings) it frees up about 10 mb's of ram on my 2g, I'm fairly certain it works. Not only that, I've been able to do things that used to make my phone lag out or crash. i.e. running ipod and gpsphone at the same time.

What say you Blackwolf!?
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    I would agree with you if the languages weren't available in the options menu; which, doesn't need a respring to implement the change. I do admit that I know little about programming. But, I have been successful in implementing this mod (both on 2.2.1 and 3.0.1) and (according to sbsettings) it frees up about 10 mb's of ram on my 2g, I'm fairly certain it works. Not only that, I've been able to do things that used to make my phone lag out or crash. i.e. running ipod and gpsphone at the same time.

What say you Blackwolf!?
    I say that I cannot disprove it as I never played around with it. If I have to restore my phone anyway I might do a little testing on this. I also say that, if this true, it would be a real design flaw and I still doubt that the iphone loads all languages into the RAM.
    And I'm not quite sure what options menu you are talking about, maybe you could clarify on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    I say that I cannot disprove it as I never played around with it. If I have to restore my phone anyway I might do a little testing on this. I also say that, if this true, it would be a real design flaw and I still doubt that the iphone loads all languages into the RAM.
    And I'm not quite sure what options menu you are talking about, maybe you could clarify on that.
    oh, and about the freed RAM: hard to say, since the free RAM on the iphone can differ pretty much depending on what you did since you last resprung or rebootet ... like I said, I might do some testing on this myself if I have the time and want to completly restore my phone ... I did this too often over the last couple of weeks to do go through it again right now
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2009-08-26 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well.. looks like i did the same thing the other guys did. and now i have the never ending boot loop. time to restore and try again! (notice im trying to stay positive about the whole situation )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post

oh, and about the freed RAM: hard to say, since the free RAM on the iphone can differ pretty much depending on what you did since you last resprung or rebootet ... like I said, I might do some testing on this myself if I have the time and want to completly restore my phone ... I did this too often over the last couple of weeks to do go through it again right now
    If you do it correctly there is no need for a restore .
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I can't for the life of me figure out what some people are deleting that is causing the endless reboot loop.. what commands are you running? I found the ones posted earlier to be a bit cludgy and redundant.

I use the following:
    Code:
    find / -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec rm -rf {} \;
    Now, keep in mind the above command will run in your root ('/'), so your ENTIRE PHONE will be affected. So far *I* personally have not experienced any adverse effects, however, your mileage may vary.

If you wish to run it in a specific directory, simply replace ('/') with the absolute pathname.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to undert0w For This Useful Post:

Dorkington (2009-12-04)

Thanks

^Want me to put it in the first post?
    Respect your elders.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    ^Want me to put it in the first post?
    I wouldn't. At least not yet, let's see how anyone giving it try fairs before plastering it in the OP.

Thanks

Fine, just let me know. If I get real ambitious tonight I'll even give it a try.

EDIT: Also, for those of you that have had a problem with reboot loops and the cut/copy/paste magnifying glass issue, can you please let us know how you deleted everything? (script/manually/etc)

I'd feel bad if the list was causing stuff. Possible fail on my part.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2009-08-27 at 04:47 AM.
    Respect your elders.

I ran it but got "no such path or filename" for every folder.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

deleted the extra language files and got the endless apple reboot thing, not complaining though i was gonna restore my phone this week anyway

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I ran it but got "no such path or filename" for every folder.
    Don't worry about that. The files were still deleted. How's the phone? Any reboot loops, etc.. ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Also, for those of you that have had a problem with reboot loops and the cut/copy/paste magnifying glass issue, can you please let us know how you deleted everything? (script/manually/etc)
    Bueller... Bueller...?
    Respect your elders.

how do you run the script with cyberduck on a mac?

When I run the script in WinSCP, it gives me an error. It's some big error, and I'm too lazy to type it here. Anybody know how to do this?

Thanks

Try downloading PuTTY and doing it in that.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

i think I need to run this again...i feel a lag again
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Did you do the startup daemons too?

hmmmm....i cant remember. I did so much manually back in the experimental days of this
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

damn i have to restore my iphone ... but anyway, thanks for the list

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast