Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [LIST] Language Packages to Delete on 3.0 :: Increased Performance

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Hold shift and click on restore ( if your on windows ). Then find the fw file you downloaded and do your thing.

Google it , it's everywhere.
    Did that, and whe I try to use 4.0.1 fw it said that it was not compatible with my phone, or some thing around those lines, (maybe i have the wrong fw?where does apple saves the fw in the pc?) or (where can I dl a copy of 4.0.1 fw?)
    right now this phone is going sooo fast! If only my mail app would work then I won't have to restore. Any body have all the files that relates to the mail app or all others, backed up ?That way I might me able to find what I'm missing?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thazsar, i just sent you an email. Thanks!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

so has stealth made that program???

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

This isn't language pack related but I found another way to increase RAM. I'm not a fan of Spotlight so if you're like me, you can disable it with 'NoSpot.' It looks like I got 10MB of RAM on my ip4 (345MB to 356MB)! I'm gonna post this on the other 'speed' forums as well....

Any update if there's an app that automatically does this, I've spent the past half hour reading almost every post up pg 18... And I'm honestly to tired to learn ssh, and what not. I opted out on scripts/programming when I decided to stop web designs. I now have a Mac which has now made me completely incoherent when it comes to anything of this sort since it's so user friendly... Lol I'm ashamed yes, biggest factor is just laziness to be honest

Thanks

@XMike24,
    ** * Email me: [email protected]
    I'll send you the link for the all-in-one language removal tool. *It's not a simple, single-click app but it's the closest thing you will find. *

Here's a brief description of what you will do for this tool:
    Get Safari Download Manager, iFile, Mobile Terminal
    -download File using Safari Download Manager
    -unzip in iFile
    -move langpack file to var/mobile in iFile
    -change File name to: slp (if you want!)
    -change File permissions in iFile to:
    USER - Read, Write, Execute
    GROUP - Read, Execute
    WORLD - Execute
    -open Mobile Terminal
    -type: su
    -type: alpine (or your personalized password)
    -type: ./slp (hit Return)

That's the extent of your scripting! *From here on, you answer (y) yes and (n) no questions for what languages to keep or delete. *English is kept by default.

It takes about five minutes if you're interested!

Quote Originally Posted by undert0w View Post
    I can't for the life of me figure out what some people are deleting that is causing the endless reboot loop.. what commands are you running? I found the ones posted earlier to be a bit cludgy and redundant.

I use the following:
    Code:
    find / -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec rm -rf {} ;
    Now, keep in mind the above command will run in your root ('/'), so your ENTIRE PHONE will be affected. So far *I* personally have not experienced any adverse effects, however, your mileage may vary.

If you wish to run it in a specific directory, simply replace ('/') with the absolute pathname.

Can we run this in Cyberduck? or do I have to use Apple Terminal to ssh into my iphone? If the latter, can someone give me the steps to use terminal to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by XMike24 View Post
    Can we run this in Cyberduck? or do I have to use Apple Terminal to ssh into my iphone? If the latter, can someone give me the steps to use terminal to do this.
    Had the same question - just ran in Cyber Duck

1. Open and log in
    2. I like to navigate to /root - I don't think this matters tho...
    3. Click Go/Open in Terminal.app - Go located on Status bar
    4. Paste command line and hit enter

I'm at 258mb on Var after running scrip to keep American English and Jap and sitting at 169mb of RAM wich is about 8-10 more than I normally get

3GS 3.1.2 blackra1n

Mobile Substrates Active:

Activator
    Backgrounder
    Cyntact
    FrostBite
    MailToAttachmentMess...
    PDFPatch_CVE - 2010-1797...
    PreferenceLoader
    PrivaCy
    QuickReply
    RotationInhibitor
    SnowCover Pro
    StatusNotifier
    Unrestrictor3G - toggled off to save battery
    WinterBoard - used "crush themes" for added performance
    YourTube1
    libhide

Have not shaved Daemons...yet...

Hey all u Americans, I have put this on my repo, add cydia.iPod-hacking.com and look for the freedom script. It delete Daemons (let's you prompt) and langpacks besides English.

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    Hey all u Americans, I have put this on my repo, add cydia.iPod-hacking.com and look for the freedom script. It delete Daemons (let's you prompt) and langpacks besides English.
    Say again in complete sentences...

What he is saying is that he has created a script and bundled it that will do it all for you.
    If it works - great. Who wants to test it?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I'd test it if I knew exactly how it works. I realize it is an all-in-one tool BUT will I still have to go through each and every daemon and language and answer Yes or No or does it simplify that process?

Otherwise, I could just use DisableDaemons and the langpack remover I already have been using. My way takes 10 minutes MAX (usually only 5 min) to accomplish all this so if this is faster and user-friendly, then I'd be willing to use it.

I think the creator of this needs to take some time and explain to us how his app functions and how it is better.

Thanks

BTW, who's loving the ModMyI app?! I am so glad I don't have to go to safari anymore to check my subscriptions and to reply!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    BTW, who's loving the ModMyI app?! I am so glad I don't have to go to safari anymore to check my subscriptions and to reply!!!
    Its 4.x only right? Its just a glorified shortcut... The only app like that that I use is the STP - game finder... because it tells me whats on sale. I couple that with Pandora's Box and I've got a winner!

MMI app just takes up an extra space - I just use Mail/Safari combo and I'm good.

What program to you have out? Upload?

thanx

Thanks

@klouud
    It's the sin***langpack remover (you can try to Google it). I cannot post a link on ModMyI since their website is against MMI forum policy.

Like I said, it takes 5 min. at the most IF you already have Safari Download Manager (to download the Zip file), iFile, and Mobile Terminal.

If it's in that repo I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Nasty, nasty place.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    Ur repo won't let me get Freedom Script cuz ur icons r trying to install first and it's throwing a Size Mismatch error which ends the Freedom Script download.

sorry about the confusion: and i will fix my repo sorry

script originally by redenfire of biteyourapple.com i modified this a bit, try it out, only for americans

it is very user friendly, try it out! for daemon deletion it asks questions like are u a iphone user and if not will delete certain daemons-- basically intuitive prompts. the langpack deletion does take a minute or two, so dont turn off ur ipod while ur deleting langpacks.

everything in the script has a yes or no choice, once you run it theres nothing that happens without choice

original features
    * Unnecessary deamons are deleted
    * Unnecessary Carriers are deleted
    * It delete some language from the VoiceVontrol
    * It delete some language from keyboards
    * Some folders are linked, bringing from the "file-system" to a private folder, freeing up space.
    * There is NO overcloack, not partial and not full
    * It does not install "iphoneVM" and "iphoneVM2" (dangerous 4 the device at long)
    * It does not install Supercharged (dangerous too)
    * It will not change any file on the direct use of the hardware

I added:
    * more compehensibility for USA
    *more daemon deletion with choices
    * daemon deletion backup! edit: doesnt work for some reason, i advise manually backing up
    *basic langpack deletion
    *choices on each symlink with explanation
    *keeps only american languages for everything

instructions
    1. download off cydia.ipod-hacking.com
    4. open terminal and type "su" then ur password
    5. type "freedom" and it starts it up!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast