Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [LIST] Language Packages to Delete on 3.0 :: Increased Performance

I tried this

`find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -not -iname "ja*.lproj" -exec echo {} ; | sed -e 's/.///'`; do rm -vr ./ ; done

when I can actually get winscp to connect
    and it gives me this error;

ExceptionOnFail is already zero.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Anyone here use the sinfullangpack? I wasnt able to test it on iOS4 since Terminal wasnt available and I have since downgraded back to 3.1.2. I have used it many times (when major updates occur it reloads all the languages back on your phone) and it is fast (5 Min) and easy! Google the exact keyword I typed (or cut and paste). You can PM me if you want the direct link.

You can do everything on your iPhone if you have Safari Download Manager, Mobile Terminal, and iFile. You have to change permissions in iFile to match this:

USER- Read, Write, Executable;
    GROUP - Read, Executable;
    WORLD - Execute

*You can email me instead of sending me a PM. [email protected]
    ModMyi is blocking the links, even in a PM!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2010-06-30 at 04:07 PM.

Help!! i cant turn on or off my wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by 10millionmiles View Post
    Ipodtouch:/Applications root# for file in `find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec echo {} ; | sed -e 's/.///'`; do rm -vr ./ ; done
    -sh: command substitution: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `|'
    -sh: command substitution: line 1: `find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -exec echo {} ; | sed -e 's/.///''

I get this error too. What am i doing wrong ?

iPhone 3G, iOS4, Mac, Terminal.

Using this command
    for file in `find . -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -not -iname "English.lproj" -not -iname "Ja*.lproj" -not -iname "Japanese.lproj" -exec echo {} ; | sed -e 's/.///'`; do rm -vr ./ ; done
    Saving English and Japanese.

I figured it out.
    Last edited by donza; 2010-07-07 at 02:16 PM.

RAM @ 147 MB on iPhone 3G on iOS 4 I did it all manually, thanks for the tips my phone isnt as sluggish as it was b4

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nyc4bx View Post
    RAM @ 147 MB on iPhone 3G on iOS 4 I did it all manually, thanks for the tips my phone isnt as sluggish as it was b4
    That is a very impressive number. I've never gotten that high on my 3G deleting language packs and deamon files combined.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc4bx View Post
    The iPhone has 128 MB of Ram. You must be using VM mods too.

Just a quick question...

Would this affect game apps that come with multi-language features? For instance, when you start The Game of Life, it asks to choose a language from like 6 different ones. I'm just wondering how removing languages may affect apps like that one. I wouldn't want it to fail to start as a result. Please let me know if anyone knows the answer. Thank you.

Thanks

@goldentequila
    I downloaded The Game of Life, then ran the Lang pack remover. It did not affect the game even though I tried other languages besides English. Played the game for a bit and everything was fine. So ur safe!!!

BTW, to Everyone
    Lang pack all-in-one tool works on iOS4 now that Terminal is active. I ReUpgraded to try it and DaemonDisable and both r good.....then I ReDowngraded again!
    Last edited by thazsar; 2010-07-11 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

would somebody actually mind rewriting the whole process for evrybody from scratch and just adding the new strings or whatever was mistyped from the original person that started this to this already confusing thread?
    i mean every person keeps adding, eventually its real easy to loose track of how of the step by step process actaully works,
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by donza View Post
    I get this error too. What am i doing wrong ?

iPhone 3G, iOS4, Mac, Terminal.

Using this command

Saving English and Japanese.

I figured it out.
    I'm having the same problem you initially were. You said you figured it out, what exactly did you do to fix it?

Update: figured out one typo in the command, there should be a before the ; at the end of the find command. still having problems, though. It keeps saying "find: echo terminated by signal 13". Couldn't figure out how to get the script to work, so I ended up using the command "find / -type d -name "*.lproj" -not -iname "en*.lproj" -not -iname "English.lproj" -exec rm -rfv {} \;" to find every none English language pack and delete them. Took all of about 5 minutes to delete every language pack on the iPhone. I had no problems after rebooting, so I don't think there were any adverse effects of deleting them all.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 2010-07-31 at 05:24 PM.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

just deleted alot of language packs off my 3gs 4.0.1 and everything is even smoother than before. the list on the first page could use a lot of updating for ios4 as the list is much longer. Theres a lot more then 3.x had thats for sure.

but i just waNNA say if anyone wants to give this a try on theirs, go for it! its safe

Thanks

Mejemaka is correct; there are several more languages but the all-in-tool takes care of this with just a few extra clicks. I have done this on my iPhone 4 as well as the disabledaemons hack. Both r working great!!! Thanx comex for the easiest JB yet!!!!

I can't get that script at the bottom to work. It won't work when I open the terminal. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Even after using lightmaster's script, it didn't do anything. I'm still running at 30 MB. Can anyone help me please?
    Last edited by DistortedTruth; 2010-08-08 at 09:01 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is anyone's AppStore not connecting to iTunes when hitting the update tab? Mines is doing this after I deleted the language packs....anyone know any possible solutions?

Guys can somebody help me? i just delete all of this language packs on my I4 manually and now mail app is crashing, im sure i deleted another file besides the language one, does anybody has a back up of the mail app folder to see what am i missing? that way i won't have to do a restore...

i really appreciate it

BMP,
    I guess im gonna have to restore, now how could i do this without updating to 4.0.2? would itunes let me use 4.0.1? so i can jailbreak again?
    Last edited by gabster508; 2010-08-20 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Gabster508,
    I can send a copy of the file(s) if you know which one(s) you deleted. I have an iPhone 4 but I'm running 4.0 so hopefully nothing changed in that specific file.

Don't Restore unless you have SHSH on file. If you do, then iTunes will let you restore to 4.0.1 again

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Gabster508,
    I can send a copy of the file(s) if you know which one(s) you deleted. I have an iPhone 4 but I'm running 4.0 so hopefully nothing changed in that specific file.

Don't Restore unless you have SHSH on file. If you do, then iTunes will let you restore to 4.0.1 again
    Hey thanks man, i really don't know wich one spcifically is the one i deleted and is causing the problem, could you send me all the ones related to the mail app, and Phone app?( for some weird reason the contact inside phone app is extremely slow...)
    i did save my SHSH through cydia,(clicked on make my life easier, and it said it was saved) however i try to do a restore via itunes and it asks me to restore and update to 4.0.2... what im i doing wrong?
    Last edited by gabster508; 2010-08-20 at 04:37 AM.

Thanks

Hold shift and click on restore ( if your on windows ). Then find the fw file you downloaded and do your thing.

Google it , it's everywhere.
    Last edited by stlcaddie; 2010-08-20 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast