Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS stuck in recovery mode, not recognized by iTunes

Default Iphone 3GS stuck in recovery mode, not recognized by iTunes
    My iPhone 3GS got stuck in recovery mode today, everytime i connect it to iTunes it tells me that i isnt recognized and i get an error code (9) when restoring.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the apps on it from jailbreaking.. I need to get on there and remove them, I'm on a pc and have a 3gs so i cant use ibrickr.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Probably not the apps but you never know. I think you'll have to put in DFU mode, and then restore and jailbreak over. Make sure you set it up as a new phone, do not use a back up. Just sync to get your contacts, apps and music back.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yaunny View Post
    My iPhone 3GS got stuck in recovery mode today, everytime i connect it to iTunes it tells me that i isnt recognized and i get an error code (9) when restoring.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the apps on it from jailbreaking.. I need to get on there and remove them, I'm on a pc and have a 3gs so i cant use ibrickr.
    If you are computer savvy then download irecovery and it will allow you to kick it out of recovery. You will need to read up on it. Otherwise restore your phone and start over.