Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant paste images...help

Default Cant paste images...help
    I just upgraded my iphone 3g to firmware 3.0 and when i copy an image from a website and paste it into a text message, the only thing thats gets pasted is a link to the page that the picture is on. Also, when I copy an image from my photos and then hit paste into a text message, nothing at all happens. Why is this?

Possibly because text messages are for text only? (The clue is in the name)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

^lol.

If you're trying to send MMS messages:
    first off - if you're on AT&T, you can't, period. Well.. not yet. (thanks AT&T!)
    If you're NOT on AT&T, then make sure you have the settings in Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network and google for the specific settings for whatever carrier you're on and put it in.
    Reboot and in the text messages there should be the camera icon, tap it and you can choose your picture
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Possibly because text messages are for text only? (The clue is in the name)
    Thanks for nothing, that was a real smart as* answer. Its obvious that everyone refers to an mms message as a text message whether it has pictures or not. After some more searching, a more helpful source answered my question by specifying that this feature I am seeking is only available on the iphone 3GS.

Thanks

Hey! Be nice!
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by nofinga911 View Post
    Thanks for nothing, that was a real smart as* answer. Its obvious that everyone refers to an mms message as a text message whether it has pictures or not. After some more searching, a more helpful source answered my question by specifying that this feature I am seeking is only available on the iphone 3GS.
    No one I know has ever referred to MMS as text messages they are completely different.

MMS works fine on my 3G and I have no problem sending pics by MMS.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Yeah, I've heard them being called 'picture messages' but never 'text messages'
    Hmm.. I wonder why