Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on Apple logo :(

What's Jailbreak? The Glimmer Man's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Stuck on Apple logo :(
    I have jail broken my phone and all was fine until I was uploading some extras from icy and then the phone froze on the apple logo. It no longer is recognized in itunes so I'm unable to do a fresh restore. I've tried to use resnow again a few times but still the same thing happens. It's just completely frozen and the only way to shut it off is to hold the power button and the home button for 10 seconds to do this.

Any ideas on how I can remedy this issue or is my phone fooked??

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    DFU mode and restore will cure this.
    You of coarse will have to re-jailbreak it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

The Glimmer Man (2009-07-26)

Put it into DFU mode and then restore to a fresh firmware through iTunes. I suggest not uploading those "extras" again.

How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

Edit: Blast blkcadi!
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

^ lmao Neo..........................O_o

If you know what you installed and your phone has Wifi and SSH enabled, you could go in through WinSCP or Cyberduck and delete them to see if that will work...

Thanks

Well I've been into the DFU mode more times than I've had hot dinners and itunes is still not seeing my iphone I have followed the tutorial to the book and still no joy so I think my phone is fooked

Is there anyway of recovering the iphone without using itunes as I can hear it go in on the usb but my computer does not see it in the my computer part, I'm on windows XP at the moment so I was wondering if there is a tool to do this??
    Last edited by The Glimmer Man; 2009-07-26 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    If you know what you installed and your phone has Wifi and SSH enabled, you could go in through WinSCP or Cyberduck and delete them to see if that will work...
    iPhonebrowser would also work since he's on Windows and it doesn't require Wifi. Have you tried a different usb port, cable, and computer to see if there is also a problem on that end?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well I've tried all of the above and still nothing itunes said it has detected an ipod and I got "an error has occurred 1601". I think I'll have to get another one

If your using Vista or XP, create another user account or use the guest account. Download itunes, DFU the phone as everyone above has said, then plug in and see if that works, worked for me before... GL

Try this guide I found it when someone was getting 1601 when restoring to 2.0.1:
    1). You get the error. (Ofcourse)
    2). DONT TURN OFF ITUNES. DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE CABLE.
    3). If the phone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If its off then kick it out of DFU mode which is explained in the NEXT step.
    4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
    5). Itunes will detect it again.
    6). Now try to simple-restore it, that is click on the restore button on itunes while pressing the shift button of your keyboard. YOU WILL GET THE 16XX ERROR AGAIN IN 5 MINS !!!! but dont worry, everything is under control.
    7). now your iPhone will have the picture of the iPhone cable on its screen. good.
    (DONT TURN OFF ITUNES. DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE CABLE.)
    8). NOW put the iPhone it in DFU mode. How? Firstly turn the phone off (it might try to start up on its own again but turn it off again). Once its off, Press and hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, then release the power button but keep the home button pressed for another 10-20 seconds till itunes recognizes your phone.
    9). NOW restore the phone by selecting the pawned custom firmware that you created and you will NOT get the 16xx error.