Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sync with a new computer?

Question Sync with a new computer?
    I just got a new computer and I want to sync my phone with this new computer. Is there any way to sync all my phone stuff so it's on this new computer? I used idump for all the music but now I want the contacts and such. Any help would be great. Thanks

I just need my contacts really. I have all my music already thanks to idump.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

before you sync the contacts from the iphone to your address book, make sure there is at least one contact in your address book. It can be a real contact or a test contact. If the address book is blank and you go and try to move your contacts, itunes does not know to merge the data and might wipe out the iphone.

This goes for ical also. Make sure there is at least one test event or contact in address book or ical before trying to sync from the iphone to the computer.

Connect your iPhone and under the Info tab for your iPhone iTunes sync preferences, select "Sync Address Book Contacts" and below select "All Contacts". All contacts manually entered on the iPhone will be added to the Address Book application on your Mac automatically.
    Last edited by ianbroste; 2009-08-04 at 08:47 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

Bexter (2009-08-06)