Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS again

Default SMS again
    Hi all, could use some help with sms icon on 3.0. Bubble has no "SMS" inside just blank. Have searched everywhere and understand I must change text.png to messages.png. I am using WinSCP but cannot locate text.png. I know this has been addressed before-sorry for redundancy. If anyone would give me the exact location I would greatly appreciate. I am not currently running any theme. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi
    If you have an SMS or Text icon that your using with your theme, that is the one that needs to be renamed "Messages"
    root/private/var/stash/your theme name/icons is the location.
    Original 3.0 Messages icon location is system/library/frameworks/chatkit.framework

Thanks for quick response! I am looking in the system/library/frameworks folder but do not see the chatkit.framework folder. Seems like I have seen it somewhere before but it is not here! Am I in the right location? Thanks again

Thanks

opps, sorry it's system/library/PrivateFrameworks/chatkit.framework
    I forgot the "Private"

I'm wondering if I am missing something. I looked there and found some of the sms bubbles but not the text.png file.

Thanks

icon is in Applications/MobileSMS
    Thought we were on the bubbles,

I did find the icon but it is called icon.png not text.png. I was able to download an SMS icon and rename to icon.png and it works. I just wonder why I cannot find the text.png icon. Now the only place I see the blank icon is under the settings menu(the smaller sms icon) Has something changed and the icon is no longer called text.png?

Thanks

Post screen shot of it please
    And yes, it is named icon.png that's the default icon for the app.

Embarrassingly enough, I'm a newbie and can't follow these instructions. I'm looking in Cydia/Sections/System...for your instuctions but can't locate. Probably in the wrong area. Can you please post step by step instructions for this lame-o (regarding the 3.0 SMS bubble)?

Also, any idea if Winterboard has been updated? My Storm keyboard doesn't work.

Thanks much.

Scott

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjanicol View Post
    Embarrassingly enough, I'm a newbie and can't follow these instructions. I'm looking in Cydia/Sections/System...for your instuctions but can't locate. Probably in the wrong area. Can you please post step by step instructions for this lame-o (regarding the 3.0 SMS bubble)?

Also, any idea if Winterboard has been updated? My Storm keyboard doesn't work.

Thanks much.

Scott
    Which one, there are several here we were talking about.
    No keyboards yet on 3.0

Sorry, I was refering to the SMS icon on 3.0. Bubble has no "SMS" and there was discussion about replacing text.png to messages.png. I have no clue how to do this.

Thanks

You would have to SSH into the file system of your phone.
    You can either use iPhonebrowser (USB) or WInScp (wifi) Both are free and a simple Google search will get them for you.
    Here is a guide on how to SSH and the file locations were given in above posts.