Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Current Location

Default Current Location
    Hope this is in right place, appologies if not.

Ok today for some reason i keep getting the message 'phone would like to use your current location' no matter how many times i press press allow or deny it still keeps popping up every 2 mins.

If i go to location services in settings>general and turn it off, it keeps asking me, if i leave it on it still keeps asking me.

I have reset all settings countless times but to no avail.
    I'm not useing any apps or opening anything for this to trigger, it just triggers by itself.

Phone is 3g, jb on 3.0

never had any problems befor today.
    Not installed any apps or updates today either.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Small edit:, i just noticed that if i turn location services off it keeps turning itself back on

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like to me, that you might need to restore your phone and then re-jailbreak.

However, there might be a program on your phone that you recently updated that requires "location services" to be active and it keeps turning it on; prolly unlikely, but possible nonetheless. Perhaps look through all your programs that utilize "location services" and see if you can find one that has a setting that might be overriding your phones OFF button.

Just an idea, but the restore sounds more logical.

Chris

EDIT: ALSO TRY ENABLING AIRPLANE MODE AND LEAVE IT ENABLED AND SEE IF IT STILL BRINGS UP THE LOCATION APP. Leave airplane mode enabled long enough to see if the location thing comes back up. Then turn off airplane mode and reboot; then see if the problem still exists.

Chris
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 2009-07-24 at 02:30 AM. Reason: crap...
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ugshotgun For This Useful Post:

Sn1p3s (2009-07-24)

thanks for the reply chris, now you come to mention it i did turn airplane mode on yesterday by accident with bbt, will try and update.

Just a little update, i slipped my phone into airplane mode, left in for about 10 mins, took it out and powered off/on and it seems to have done the trick, little bizzar as to why but its all good, many thanks chris
    Last edited by Sn1p3s; 2009-07-24 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I hadthis hAppen when I upgraded to 3.0 on my 3G and when ijailbroke my 3GS.

I reset location warnings then turned off location services. Reboot the iPhone and turn on location services. Thengo outside where you have a clear view of the sky and have maps
    locate you. Once you do this it will work going forward.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sn1p3s View Post
    thanks for the reply chris, now you come to mention it i did turn airplane mode on yesterday by accident with bbt, will try and update.

Just a little update, i slipped my phone into airplane mode, left in for about 10 mins, took it out and powered off/on and it seems to have done the trick, little bizzar as to why but its all good, many thanks chris
    Totally Awesome Man! Glad I was able to help!

Chris
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!