Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This must be easy, but my brain hurts!

Default This must be easy, but my brain hurts!
    Hello!

I'm sure I've missed the most obvious thing on the planet here, but it's been a long day... :-)

I sold my original iPhone to a friend before upgrading to a 3G. For some reason before posting it to him I must have sync'd with my Mac & iTunes, to check that everything still worked ok.

Trouble is that when my friend plugs the phone into his PC / iTunes the phone claims to be 'me' ! He'd like to tell iTunes to forget all about me, in the nicest possible way, create his own Apple account and go forward as himself.

Surely he doesn't have to do a restore of the phone does he? I'm hoping not as I jailbroke it for him, he's not very technical and I'd like to avoid talking him through redsn0w. ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Has he tried Settings->Store-> Sign out ?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Tell him to click on the name next to little iphone logo - on the left hand pane in itunes it should be listed under devices, it will make the name of the iphone editable and he can name it what he wants. When he synchs with iTunes it will put all his music etc on for him.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

do a restore