Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS mods not working

Angry SMS mods not working
    perhaps this is an old issue, but i haven't seen any threads on it so here goes. i have a jailbroken iPhone 3G running 3.0. when i change the springboard theme via Winterboard, all the stock icons change except for SMS which stays green with the white convo bubble. in addition, i'm unable to apply any SMS themes including different keyboards and the like (especially iKeyEx!).

as you can see from the screenie...the phone, contacts, mail and Safari icons are all adjusted for the theme. however, that stubborn SMS icon remains unchanged. i would greatly appreciate any and all feedback/suggestions on how to remedy this problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -homeshot.jpg  

Thanks

VERY old issue. You have to rename the Text.png icon to Messages.png
    The keyboards don't work in 3.0 yet.

There are MANY threads on all these issues.

you didn't have to be a d!ck about it Simtech. considering i only just got the phone as a replacement and am self-taught, i think i'm holding my own. thanks for the tip.

If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    He isn't being a d**k. The first thing that you should do before posting a topic is search for the same or a similar subject.

NeoNightmareX: Your reply with links to already posted threads on this subject is helpful. Whether Simtech is a d1ck or not - his response is snarky and not helpful at all.

And, regarding your suggestion to search first ... been there, done that. Try searching this forum for "SMS Background 3.0" (sans quotes) and you get a message that "background was eliminated from the search because it was too long, too short or returned too many results." That's bullsh!t. Let me go thru a long list rather than no list at all. You have to be Kreskin to get the right word grouping to get a reasonable result to your relevant search criteria.

Maybe it's time to move from vBulletin to phpBB?