Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppStore making HUGE problem in 3.0....

Thanks
    Unhappy AppStore making HUGE problem in 3.0....
    since i got iphone from UK,it was 2.2.1,then i installed 3.0 n then unlocked.....
    anyhow,it was all working fine...but with a strange problem...i was installing softwares from cydia (games,themes and such stuff) n then i searched appstore...found some free apps,installed,worked fine.
    BUT 3-4days ago i installed 2 softwares from social networking zone in app store... one was loopt and other was nimbuzz and after that my phone battery didnt charge,phone died...i faced a huge problem...which i discussed before..

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...d-my-arse.html

then when i resolved this issue,i thought may b it was temporary prb..i installed ONLY nimbuzz messenger (not loopt) n again it was same,battery not charging,iphone showing battery is full (on 37%) i uninstalled nimbuzz and it solved prb,now its charging..

WHATS THIS PROBLEM...

apart from this...

OS 3.0 has vvery LOW APPARETN BATTERY time...i have 16gb iphone,i have all music collection in it, but my ipod nano chrome same usage (4hrs daily)gives me 2days battery time on full battery but same on iphone,just max half day...

plzzz help

So, you have a hactivated iPhone?
    You install an app with Push notification and wonder why your battery life plummets?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    ya bro i have jailbroken iphone of course only then i can use ultrasn0w...
    yea u r right i didnt notice that a new category of settings had come in settings section...push notifications... but does it use this much extra battery that drains it within HALF HR......ohhh god... n DONT let it charge again:??
    whats sol....??

Push notification does NOT WORK with hactivated phones. turn it off.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

awaisagha (2009-07-23)

Thanks
    bro...i installed nimbuzz just to check...but on other hand, i have messenger which i need, like agile messenger and yahoo messenger from which i use yahoo messenger as regular...
    yahoo messenger old version for iphone didnt use push notifications but just yesterday when i opened appstore it asked me to update it n i did ....now yahoo messenger is also using push notifications...i wna know do i turn it off,will solv the problem or do i downgrade yahoo messenger from itunes (i hav its older version in itunes)

Battery life on 3.0 just flatout isnt that great. It was bad on 2.0 when that came out. 3.1 should fix it like 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 fixed 2.0...

Battery life on FW3.0 is far better on my 3G than it was with 2.20.
    As I use UltraSn0w I certainly won't be upgrading to 3.1 anytime soon.

Thanks
    but whats the relation of push notifications with iphone battery not charging AT ALL.......

Push notification when it doesn't work drains your battery faster than it charges.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Battery life on FW3.0 is far better on my 3G than it was with 2.20.
    As I use UltraSn0w I certainly won't be upgrading to 3.1 anytime soon.
    Really? For me, 2.2 was great. Im glad I upgraded to 3.0, but 2.2 had the best battery for me...

I used to struggle to get through the day on 2.2 now I regularly have 60%+ at the end of the day.
    I guess everyone's usage is different but 3.0 is a vast improvement for me.