Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing IPhone Housing And Keeping Warranty???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Changing IPhone Housing And Keeping Warranty???
    so i really want a red or blue iphone 3g housins but i know if i change mine then it will void the warranty i still have.. does anyone know if there is anyway i can chang the housing , or get someone to change it, and apple still accept it if it has a problem? any help would be great. thanks!

no, if you open it up and change anything (like the housing) it will void the warranty

Thanks

will apple be willing to do it for me? i doubt it but it never hurts to ask. i wouldnt mind trying myself but there is that do not remove sticker over the last screw on the logic board lol

Thanks

^Haha, no wayyy. And I'd recommend that if you're not 100% sure with what you're doing you either don't do it or have someone like cpjr do it for you.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

i might contact him about it ... im pretty sure i could pull it off but i dont wanna take the chance lol

It's harder than it looks. It is very easy to tear away a cable when removing the display from the rear casing, and not nearly as easy to find and attach a replacement.

And the short answer is no, opening the case in any way voids your warranty.
    http://www.caseify.com
    Premium Cases for the iPhone 3G/3GS

If your not experienced with small electronics and fairly "techy" I wouldnt recommend trying it. The iphone is fairly "wimpy" on the inside and must be treated like glass.