Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cannot connect iphone using Fugu ):

  1. #1
    Default Cannot connect iphone using Fugu ):
    Hello, this has been probably asked many times but, how do you connect my jailbroken iphone first generation with Fugu. The current firmware on my iphone is 1.1.4. Things that I know is:

    Find the IP address of your iphone via settings -> wi-fi

    The user name is root and the password is alpine

    The port is 22

    I have savaging over the internet looking for a solution but I cannot find it because it still gives me an "connection refused".

    WHAT THE! Ok!I just tried connecting to SSH via Fugu on my sister's iphone (1st gen same firmware) and to my surpirse it actually worked! How come it doesn't work on mine!!!!

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Liquid_015; 2009-07-22 at 05:00 AM.

  2. #2
    have you installed openssh on your iphone?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    have you installed openssh on your iphone?
    Yeah, I installed OpenSSH, BSD something... The thing I realized is that my sister's ip address is different from my iphone...

  4. #4
    yes, your ip should be different
    SFTP settings: Server = your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = alpine

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    yes, your ip should be different
    SFTP settings: Server = your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = alpine

    Ya, I did that on both my sister and my iphone. however, my sister's iphone is able to connect and my does not it gives me a "connection refused" when I connect mine.

  6. #6
    double check your ip address. Maybe restart you iPhone

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    double check your ip address. Maybe restart you iPhone
    Yes, I checked the IP address many times and restarted my iphone... It didn't really help )':

  8. #8
    Hmmm, it should be working
    Double check cydia that openssh & bsd subsystems are installed
    here's the guide Using SFTP in OS X with iPhone - ModMyi - Wiki

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Hmmm, it should be working
    Double check cydia that openssh & bsd subsystems are installed
    here's the guide Using SFTP in OS X with iPhone - ModMyi - Wiki
    Right! Uhh I have BSD Subsystems, and OpenSSH on installer (since I'm on 1.1.4). However, I also installed Cydia on my iphone and it does not have OpenSSH or BSDsubsystem. The thing is I was able to connect with my sister's iphone and she did not have Cydia installed.

  10. #10
    well maybe she has "installer" does she? do you?
    The real question here is why are you still on 1.1.4?.... dude upgrade to 3.0 and enjoy the appstore
    Edit: I just reread that... you have installer, installer is dead, is there even anything on there? MMi doesn't even check its installer repo.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-07-22 at 05:31 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    well maybe she has "installer" does she? do you?
    The real question here is why are you still on 1.1.4?.... dude upgrade to 3.0 and enjoy the appstore
    Edit: I just reread that... you have installer, installer is dead, is there even anything on there? MMi doesn't even check its installer repo.
    Yeah, we both have installer on our iphones'. Well, I got someone to jailbreak my iphone since I cannot use my iphone in China... Now, since it's summer I have decided to upgrade my iphone. I'm trying to back up my SMS,call history, and etc through "OpenSSH" but it is not working. Yeah there's stuff on installer but not sure if it's new or old....

  12. #12
    you could try a free trial of "transmit" to connect to your iPhone
    Transmit 3.6.7 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker
    all settings are the same, but make sure its set to sftp

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    you could try a free trial of "transmit" to connect to your iPhone
    Transmit 3.6.7 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker
    all settings are the same, but make sure its set to sftp
    Ok, I'll see if that makes a difference cause I downloaded Fugu, and Cyberduck...

    It's the samething it will not connect, it gives me the same error "connection refused"

    Yeah, I tried it with Transmit and it gave me the same error: "Connection Refused..."
    Last edited by Liquid_015; 2009-07-22 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #14
    well its got to be openssh or bds subsystems or your ip address

    is you phone on when you try to connect?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    well its got to be openssh or bds subsystems or your ip address

    is you phone on when you try to connect?
    Yeah my iphone is on when I am connecting. What do you mean when you say, "it's got to be openssh..."

  16. #16
    openssh is not installed..... try uninstalling it restart you iPhone then install it again

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    openssh is not installed..... try uninstalling it restart you iPhone then install it again
    Ok, I'll do it now... So I have to do this on Installer?

    Haha! I got it working!!! Thanks a lot Broomhead! Now I can backup my SMS and update my firmware with RedSn0w!!! Thanks!
    Last edited by Liquid_015; 2009-07-22 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #18
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,302
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

    That's why they call it "Fug-U"

  19. #19
    lol... too true one1. I would use Transmit

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •