Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dramatically Increase performance of firmware 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Ive done all the applications language packs except the english.lproj, including all my 3rd party apps and everything is fine.

I then went into System/Library/AccesibilityBundles/

and all the .lproj files are there again. I've deleted a couple of apps worth of them and havent really noticed any extra ram but the apps still launch. I might go through them all and delete them to see if it frees more up.
    Just caused my springboard to crash....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

/System/Library/PreferenceBundles/

anyone try to delete all the extras in there?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

/root/

anyone try to delete all the extras in there?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Ok. So everybody that's seeing vast improvements:

Where are you located?
    What model are you using? 2G? 3G? 3GS? Unlocked?

I'm definitely not seeing anything load "faster," and I don't seem to have any more free memory after I close apps like safari, phone, and mail. I had "around 40" before, and I have "around 40" now. I'm wondering, therefor, if the improvements could be a regional thing (or something). Some of you obviously have 3GS, if you're seeing 130+mbs of free memory... Maybe this more significantly affects the 3GS than the 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    For sure. I am leaving English, UK, and Japanese.

No, beta today. I didn't have much of a chance to work on it today yet. I think for now it will be a simple cydia tweak. I would like to make it a bosstool type app in the future.
    Instead of deleting the files it might just be better to rename them.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    Instead of deleting the files it might just be better to rename them.
    I was thinking about giving that a shot too. Its nice to free up about 15 mb of space on the root partition but renaming is safer

Quote Originally Posted by Jimfletcha View Post

Where are you located?

I'm definitely not seeing anything load "faster," and I don't seem to have any more free memory after I close apps like safari, phone, and mail. I had "around 40" before, and I have "around 40" now. I'm wondering, therefor, if the improvements could be a regional thing (or something). Some of you obviously have 3GS, if you're seeing 130+mbs of free memory... Maybe this more significantly affects the 3GS than the 3G.
    I have a 3G - the biggest improvements I have noticed are in loading times. Maybe this is because I only had about 15Mb free before?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I was thinking about giving that a shot too. Its nice to free up about 15 mb of space on the root partition but renaming is safer
    Could you move them? and then have it so you van move back or delete as required?

This is the problem with something like this - people will always suggest 'improvements' (and everyone's will be different). Where do you draw the line? Do you create a Q&D app or a fully polished one with a nice UI.

Whatever you do, someone will complain!

Good luck.
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-07-24 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Just caused my springboard to crash....
    What did you delete to get a springboard crash?

I did phone, sms + safari and all was good for me. Gonna try the others one by one when i get a free minute.

On a 3GS

164MB free with all apps killed except Mail + Phone now
    Last edited by reeko; 2009-07-24 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Why do people want so much free? Some programmes seem to struggle without as much as 40Mb free but beyond that what's the point? I've not had much problem with 15Mb but it is better to have 20Mb free, I'm sure if I could get more it would be better to a point. But does it really make any diff when you get above 50? 100?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why do people want so much free? Some programmes seem to struggle without as much as 40Mb free but beyond that what's the point? I've not had much problem with 15Mb but it is better to have 20Mb free, I'm sure if I could get more it would be better to a point. But does it really make any diff when you get above 50? 100?
    Yeah I agree, I deleted files from most of the stock apps. Have you tried the Preferences.app ? I'm thinking it makes more of a difference on the 3GS too. Perhaps it seems faster because we just rebooted?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimfletcha View Post

Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by NickTuso View Post
    This is mine. I deleted all the of extra language things out of these apps

maps
    notes
    phone
    preferences
    stocks
    safari
    SMS
    voicememos

I use a 3G

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    What did you delete to get a springboard crash?

I did phone, sms + safari and all was good for me. Gonna try the others one by one when i get a free minute.

On a 3GS

164MB free with all apps killed except Mail + Phone now
    LOL, I have the 164 MB free currently as well, but got trigger happy and just did all of them in the Accessibility Bundles...I backed up fortunately so all is well again. I think I will try with just what you did for now and then do some testing and tinkering...

By the way, I just noticed my battery has improved drastically since I started removing languages....
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-07-24 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

Ye i didnt want to shout to soon but im seeing pretty positive results.

The 'Free Memory' bit in sbsettings processes actually works for me now, before it didnt used to do anything....
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Apparently SBSettings "free memory" toggle wasnt working prior to the latest update. It was reported that the toggle is working now so FINALLY some free memory YAY!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I saw no changes in speed after my reboot. This is stock FW after a fresh restore running SBprefs, winterboard, supreme prefs, itoday (lockscreen whatever its called), leopard UI, etc..........

Anyway, stock (nothing removed, and a bunch of crap running)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-2.jpg  
    Last edited by one1; 2009-07-24 at 02:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    guys w/ 150mb, 160mb free.. what were you at prior to all the deletions?

This is what I have after a fresh respring now....

Thanks

My battery life seemed so much better today than usual. I will track it over the next few days

^Mine is a lot better

Thanks

Also, all my calls were so much clearer and my MMS starting working! This mod is the best!

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast