Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dramatically Increase performance of firmware 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

So you can drag the deleted files back in?

@confucious ^lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Burner911 View Post
    So you can drag the deleted files back in?
    If you backed them up, and you want to replace them, then yes you can "drag" them back in
    Last edited by Melech518; 2009-07-23 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I deleted all languages except english and my phone.app wouldn't launch. I replaced phone.app and set permissions and it still wouldn't so I had to reformat.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I deleted all languages except english and my phone.app wouldn't launch. I replaced phone.app and set permissions and it still wouldn't so I had to reformat.
    strange....someone else I think ran into that problem earlier, It would be interesting to find out what the culprit is? I think the other person however deleted some of the wrong files..
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is mine. I deleted all the of extra language things out of these apps

maps
    notes
    phone
    preferences
    stocks
    safari
    SMS
    voicememos

you people need to be careful what you delete!!!!! Dont just go in there willy nilly and start destructively deleting things. That is how things get broken and restore is needed. geez lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

My phone is way faster in the apps where I deleted the language packs or whatever they are called. My settings, sms, and safari apps open ALMOST as fast as my roommates 3gs with his language packs deleted. So I am happy with this "mod" so to speak. If my phone is ALMOST as fast as a 3GS than I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    you people need to be careful what you delete!!!!! Dont just go in there willy nilly and start destructively deleting things. That is how things get broken and restore is needed. geez lol

I made a backup of all the files I deleted. I posted which apps I did that in so if anyone needs those stock files I have them.
    Last edited by NickTuso; 2009-07-23 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

After deleting lots of files I now have 24Mb free - a vast improvement over the 16 I had before.
    Not sure it would make a lot of difference if I had a lot more free RAM
    Where it does show up is in the speed of loading apps of course.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I can't imagine doing too much damage deleting the language packs. Most of the folders only contain a small string file anyway. For whatever reason, it looks like this method works pretty well at freeing up RAM, making everything run a bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by farfel View Post
    I can't imagine doing too much damage
    You've never worked in IT support, have you?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by farfel View Post
    I can't imagine doing too much damage deleting the language packs. Most of the folders only contain a small string file anyway. For whatever reason, it looks like this method works pretty well at freeing up RAM, making everything run a bit faster.
    I didnt mean the language packs. I meant for people that dont know what they are doing and deleting files that shouldnt be deleted

Thanks

Where is stealth?!

I didnt mean the language packs. I meant for people that dont know what they are doing and deleting files that shouldnt be deleted
    Got it Well, no problems so far. The speed increase isn't insane but it's noticeable. I just deleted the packs from most of the standard apps, so I'll let you all know if my iPhone blows up during rehearsal tonight!

Thanks

Ive done all the applications language packs except the english.lproj, including all my 3rd party apps and everything is fine.

I then went into System/Library/AccesibilityBundles/

and all the .lproj files are there again. I've deleted a couple of apps worth of them and havent really noticed any extra ram but the apps still launch. I might go through them all and delete them to see if it frees more up.

Also in System/Library/VoiceServices

there are lots of the .lproj there aswell. I again deleted all of them except the English.lproj and i still get the english sounding woman and she recognises what i say much faster than before now. She still cant fully understand me (because she is clearly retarded) but she responds faster.

I guess this is what would happen if Apple + all developers localised the firmware/ their apps.....
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    She still cant fully understand me (because she is clearly retarded)
    Probably just American

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Where is stealth?!
    I am here

I am very happy with this mod. All my apps are launching much faster

Stealth - Make sure you leave UK in there!

Any idea when/if you will get an app together?

Thanks

I thought we lost you hahaha any chance on a Beta today

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Stealth - Make sure you leave UK in there!

Any idea when/if you will get an app together?
    For sure. I am leaving English, UK, and Japanese.

I thought we lost you hahaha any chance on a Beta today
    No, beta today. I didn't have much of a chance to work on it today yet. I think for now it will be a simple cydia tweak. I would like to make it a bosstool type app in the future.

Arigato gonsai mas!

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast