Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dramatically Increase performance of firmware 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone Burner911's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice idea, I'm worried I'll delete the wrong thing. So in MobileSafari.app for example you deleted all the folders except? Which ones?

Sprinboard.app location:
    root/system/library/coreservices/springboard.pp

I deleted all the folders that end with .lproj except the English.lproj
    and I did that for each app
    Last edited by gastonm; 2009-07-23 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ok cool, iFile works nicely without SSH

There are 30 total so you'll be deleting 29.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ I was using iFile at first also but the problem with that is you cant make backups

I use winscp. You can make backups! Stealth any idea about carrier bundles and those "other binaries."

I'll try that in the morning.
    Last edited by gastonm; 2009-07-23 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yeah I should probably move onto the computer to delete, Stealth are you making a package?

Thanks

^ I was making a script to remove all the language packs from all the stock Apple Apps but I started talking with a buddy of mine about it. We were thinking about building an app that would allow the user to select which language they wanted to keep and then it would remove all the other languages, even in the app store apps. I am also trying out the removal of excess running deamons and if that speeds things up, I would like to figure out a way to add a toggle to the app so you could toggle off these deamons and only run them when needed. For instance there is a deamon (com.apple.accessoryd) that runs all the time but is only needed when you need to connect an audio accessory to the iPhone. If you don't put your phone in audio docks then you could save some precious cpu and ram.

Thanks

That is extremely impressive, I think that's a great idea. For now then I guess should remove all the stock languages except English and Japanese (for Emoji)? Just curious, how long would a script take to create those types of toggles?

Thanks

Just delete all languages except for English and Japanese. That is what I have done on my phone. I am thinking about getting a lite version out on cydia ASAP that just removes the languages from the stock apps. Right now my 3GS is running really great. I also have 172 mb of ram free!

Thanks

Hahahaha thanks again, I can't imagine 172 mb of ram. I'm hovering at about 40 on my 3G :P any chance I can test a beta for you?

Thanks

Sure

I will PM you when I am at that point
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-07-23 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

kennyleeme (2009-07-23)

Thanks

Sounds good

stealthbravo you think its cool if you can PM me too if you need testing on a beta version? thanks

Thanks

If your looking for a few testers SB, count me in please.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ For instance there is a deamon (com.apple.accessoryd) that runs all the time but is only needed when you need to connect an audio accessory to the iPhone. If you don't put your phone in audio docks then you could save some precious cpu and ram.
    where can i find this folder to delete this file because i was testing audio docks at walmart and been having slow speeds since ....thanks in advance

This is the most exiting thing on the iPhone since JAILBREAKING ITSELF!

Beta test me in baby.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ I was making a script to remove all the language packs from all the stock Apple Apps but I started talking with a buddy of mine about it. We were thinking about building an app that would allow the user to select which language they wanted to keep and then it would remove all the other languages, even in the app store apps. I am also trying out the removal of excess running deamons and if that speeds things up, I would like to figure out a way to add a toggle to the app so you could toggle off these deamons and only run them when needed. For instance there is a deamon (com.apple.accessoryd) that runs all the time but is only needed when you need to connect an audio accessory to the iPhone. If you don't put your phone in audio docks then you could save some precious cpu and ram.
    The daemons do not use any CPU at all and I believe a very minimal amount of RAM. I am quite happy to remove the unused language files but would not be happy to remove daemons,. They use precisely zero CPU or battery and the amount of memory is minimal and the potential problems great.
    JMHO
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Also in for the beta!
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

Thanks

com.apple.accessoryd in my sys info is showing to be using .67% of my CPU and 2.346 mb of ram. After experimenting more with it, I think the cost out way the benefits. The language files are the biggest savings at the moment.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast