Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dramatically Increase performance of firmware 3.0

Anybody have a backup of their files? Specifically the ones from system/library/privateframeworks

Trying to not have to restore!! I deleted something from a file in there
    Last edited by gastonm; 2009-07-31 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

OK so I messed with this for a couple of programs like SMS, mail, and phone. Saw a performance boost... slightly... but what is more interesting is the fact that after doing this, I installed an emoji hack from Cydia and emoji works in SMS even tho I deleted Japanese from the SMS file folder...

thats /root/applications/SMS(or whatever its called)

why?

It probably put Japanese back on your phone
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

@peteo/everyone what are you getting memory wise before and after this process (also what's running)?

When I go into my language files there isnt "English.Ipoj", it isn't straight forward. But, there are files named "uk.Ipoj,ar.Ipoj etc...". There are a couple files, like Japanese, German, Dutch etc that are very obvious. I was wondering what English would be as a .Ipoj file. Thanks

edit: I'm dumb ><...scrolled right passed it
    Last edited by ajm4193; 2009-08-01 at 03:46 AM.

Thanks

I deleted all the japanese.lproj and still have emoji like i did before
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Can someone give me a file path and an extension of the language fonts I will be deleting?

I'll make a backup first, (as always with this type of thing), then delete what I don't need.

Also, ATM I have no access to SSH, so I;m using Disk Aid to modify my iPhone's contents.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by DranMac View Post
    Can someone give me a file path and an extension of the language fonts I will be deleting?

I'll make a backup first, (as always with this type of thing), then delete what I don't need.

Also, ATM I have no access to SSH, so I;m using Disk Aid to modify my iPhone's contents.

Any suggestions?
    Did you read the 1st post?

formerly known as nigel.m
    Thanks

So, to be completely sure, my question is, (being a dummy)

Is the CORRECT the file path, "applications.pwn/Appstore.app" if you wanted to delete languages from App store apps or, "Applications.pwn/MobileSafari.app" if it was Safari you were working on...and son on ?

One more Question, the backup that should be done is simply a conventional Itunes backup ? Or Not?

Nigel. (Thanks)

Thanks

Don't know where you are getting the .pwn from. You should go to: Root/Applications/MobileSMS.app

You need to back up the files you delete, to a folder on your desktop. Although I never did, just keep the following:

English.lprog uk.lprog & the Jap 1 & you shall be aok
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

Snige (2009-08-03)

I just cleaned up safari app and it's way faster.

58mb free on a 3g.. I guess thats good.

^ wow thats pretty DANG good id say. great idea, i cant believe i didnt see this post before. i must have missed it.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Hey SB, any news on that Cydia app idea you were working on? I have been holding out on doing this because of the app idea, but if it is a dead subject then I am going in manually Thanks man.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Hey SB, any news on that Cydia app idea you were working on? I have been holding out on doing this because of the app idea, but if it is a dead subject then I am going in manually Thanks man.
    I was close to having it done and then I ran into some problems. There is not a safe way of doing it. I have had several devs look at it. I think for now its dead.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

1hihum (2009-08-13)

It really only takes a couple of minutes. Really simple and quick.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ true

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

davesnothere11 (2010-02-19)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Yeah, no sweat, i just thought I would ask since you had started on it. Thanks for the effort though.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Lost MMS feature (camera icon) in text messaging after deleting languages
    So I just noticed I'm missing my camera icon in my text message app. and it started after I deleted the languages from my phone (leaving US, Italian and Spanish) but it's gone now. I tried to re-do my .ipcc file again, and it's still not showing up. I have version 5.0 when I look in the About section of the phone. I've tried re-booting and respinging and it won't come back. Any help?

Plotkin

32 GB 3GS noticed considerably faster load times. Also when I hit free up memory in SBSettings, I'm freeing up 165 mb of space with just Phone/Email showing.

@stealth Bravo

One request

Could you make a list and howto of doing this without running into problems. Maybe as a Sticky. Thread is now 25 pages, and a lot of it is questions and stuff.

Maybe a thing like the did with windows xp and its services

1. Save
    2. Still save but more risky
    3. Very risky but highly profitable

Thanks

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast