Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New hard drive and no iPhone backup!!

Default New hard drive and no iPhone backup!!
    My laptop's hard drive recently crashed, along with all the iTunes libraries, backups, etc.

Now that I have a new drive installed, I'm worried that I will lose all of my contacts, apps and SMS history if I try to sync.

The problem I'm having right now is that my iPhone suddenly (as of 2 days ago) started draining the battery in 6-9 hours instead of the 2 days I used to get out of it (I haven't installed anything or done anything differently, except for try to access Hotmail 2 days ago ... coincidence?)

I've read that it might not be a bad idea to completely restore the phone's software, but I don't have a thorough enough understanding of the process to know if I'll lose everything. I'm most concerned with losing all contacts and text messages. Don't care so much about music, etc.

Like I said, two months ago, my hard drive crashed, too, so I'm absolutely nervous about hooking anything up to ANYTHING at this point, for fear of losing all the stuff on the phone, since I don't have any backups.

Even if I am able to back it up to the new hard drive, I understand that restoring from this "corrupt" backup will leave me with the same bizarre battery drain issue...

My info:

iPhone 3G w/ 2.2.1 (jailbroken, but hasn't been an issue before)
    iTunes 8.2.0.23
    Vista (32-bit)

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...elatively.html

Use this guide to backup your iPhone using SSH and a few Cydia apps. Use Pod2PC to get your media off of your phone and on to your new drive. Pod2MAC if you have a Mac.

Go download WinSCP for your PC and install OpenSSH from Cydia on your iPhone.
    Last edited by Cory Gillmore; 2009-07-21 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost